IGNORED

Yoga for Golfers DVDs

krupa
Note: This thread is 2486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone try these?  

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suppose I could also include a link so people know what I'm talking about...

http://yogaforgolfers.com/

How would this be different from yoga in general?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

9 minutes ago, jamo said:

How would this be different from yoga in general?

Good question.  I think it's mostly just marketing and presentation.  Saying "stretch like this for a smoother swing" instead of "stretch like this to release the negative energy and realign your shakras".

• 2 months later...

yes, I am certified under KR and have been doing Yoga for almost 20 years. I have found it to be my salvation and highly recommend it because it can be done on so many levels, it does not over tax the muscles and builds strength, flexibility, and balance in the body. It is not used in sports as much as it should be because it not well understood, but I believe this will soon change as athletes such as Aaron Rodgers promote it.

• 2 weeks later...

I certified with the YFG program several years ago. I have been doing and or teaching Yoga for almost 20 years and can tell you, all yoga is not created equal. I have done many styles over the years and I suggest the flow styles are the best for golfers. Katherine's approach is from a golfers point of view and a lot of styles get caught up in a lot of fancy breathing and Sanskrit terms that most golfers could and should care less about. Those that emphasis a connection to breath, strength, balance, and mobility are the ones you want to seek out. The body is dynamic and strength can be built through dynamic movement which connects all the muscle groups and that is what can transfer into your golf game. 

In my opinion the approach should be slow and controlled movements done over a long period of time. Many styles of Yoga do not use this approach, so I suggest to look around if you are interested in trying this and do not give up if you do not find what you need right away

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 2486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!