IGNORED

Game Golf tags breaking

Note:Β This thread is 2569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I have used Game Golf for about a season now and have noticed about 5 of the tags for clubs have broken. I was at the driving range a week or so ago when the last one broke after hitting a ball. I looked at the tag and it tends to break cleanly at the weld/seam, I'll attach a photo to better illustrate. I was curious if anyone else has ran into this issue?Β 

20160821_201748.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had this happen recently on 2 clubs. They sit back on okay as thr separation is clean but come off again with use so I was thinking of glueing them back on (carefully).

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

I've never seen that.

Write to them.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I have a couple break this year.
One was found by a friend who turned it in to our pro shop and the other I found in the bottom of my wife's golf bag.
I emailed GG and they cordially replaced them. They have been 100% behind their products with support and free replacement.

GG Tags.png

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I haven't had one break that really wasn't my own fault. My pinky finger was on the butt of the grip up until 2 days ago. So, I sheared off the tags one at a time with my gloved hand. :-P

Now that I choke down to the proper grip position, I don't think that will happen anymore. I'll give GG a call and see if they would replace my tags even though it was "user error"? If not, tagging by hand is no big deal with the app anyway. The app is just as accurate, if not more so with my iPhone 6S plus. I got the Live really cheap anyway, no big deal. . .

• Upvote 1

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I've never seen that.

Write to them.

Β 

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

I have a couple break this year.
One was found by a friend who turned it in to our pro shop and the other I found in the bottom of my wife's golf bag.
I emailed GG and they cordially replaced them. They have been 100% behind their products with support and free replacement.

GG Tags.png

Β 

I did write to them originally when it was just 1 or 2 clubs and was sent a link to buy replacements. At that time it was $5 per tag plus shipping which isn't an insane amount of money but it just kinda sucks having to replace half a set of tags after half a season of use. I may try writing to them again later tonight.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, JxQx said:

I did write to them originally when it was just 1 or 2 clubs and was sent a link to buy replacements. At that time it was $5 per tag plus shipping which isn't an insane amount of money but it just kinda sucks having to replace half a set of tags after half a season of use. I may try writing to them again later tonight.

FWIW,Β I've had tags in for two years and haven't had a single one break like that.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

My buddy had his putter tag break like that, however I think it was from slamming his putter in the bag. Ive never had a tag break that way, but I've seen it before.Β 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check outΒ Evolvr

:callaway:Β Rogue ST 10.5* |Β :callaway:Β Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade:Β P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist:Β 716Β AP2Β | Β :edel:Β Wedges 50/54/68 |Β :edel:Β Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67Β (18 holes),Β 32Β (9 holes)

I'm pretty good about sliding clubs back into my bag and not being over aggressive with it. I could have just got a bad batch of tags.

I've had the tags on since just after Christmas (maybe a dozen rounds), and I do notice they're a little worn already, but no breakage so far.

I wonder if the breakageΒ issue makes a stronger argument for some users to considerΒ the Golf Pride/GameGolf grips (assuming they like that style of grip).

@JxQxΒ Go Cuse!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I wonder if the breakageΒ issue makes a stronger argument for some users to considerΒ the Golf Pride/GameGolf grips (assuming they like that style of grip).

Pretty sure that idea died before it got off the ground.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Oh, not even an option anymore?

Never was.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

When they announced it (only a few months ago), I did see them on the GameGolf website.

They announced it 16 months ago at the PGA Show. They were on the site, but never sold.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

They announced it 16 months ago at the PGA Show. They were on the site, but never sold.

I guess timeΒ flies, seems like it wasn't that long ago. Β Oh well, not an option either way. Β Hopefully the folks experiencing the issues with tags, just got a bad batch or something.

Note:Β This thread is 2569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!