XVGolf

Is Michelle Wie's new swing good or bad

4 posts in this topic

I'm interested in Michelle Wie's swing in 2017. So far she's returning back to her peak level. I like her shortened upswing and controlled downswing. To my surprise, this "stinger-like" swing doesn't cost much distance at all. Check this out, comments are welcome!

16 minutes ago, XVGolf said:

I'm interested in Michelle Wie's swing in 2017. So far she's returning back to her peak level. I like her shortened upswing and controlled downswing. To my surprise, this "stinger-like" swing doesn't cost much distance at all. Check this out, comments are welcome!

It may work for her, but she is extremely flexible. I doubt it would work for others that are not flexible.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, XVGolf said:

I don't like it, and I don't agree it's not costing her distance. She's 19th at barely 260 yards right now: http://www.lpga.com/statistics/driving/average-driving-distance .

I think it's contrived.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do have to say the swing looks very rigid, but you know what it works. I'd take a rigid swing like Wie's if I got her results.