IGNORED

Heel hitting the driver

Note: This thread is 2512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seriously I cannot hit the toe quadrant of my driver if I try. I actually have an inside to out swing, so it isn't over the top. I also have shortened my driver by 1 inch also. I've stood as far away as two feet further and still hit the heel. Btw smash factor isn't awful, 1.4 75% of the time, but obviously I'd like to be at 1.5 100% of the time...

Spoiler

IMG_20170530_172843.jpg

Edited by tuffluck

Do what I do, "try" to hit the toe end. I seriously have done this for a while now. In my brain I'm okay with it because I know it's a perception issue. I'm aiming to hit the center but that's just not where the club is travelling, even though my perception is that I'm spot on.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am not an instructor

For me what I notice when I heel the club is my balance is off in my swing. In my follow through I will be to far towards the ball and not towards the target. That is something that I notice with my swing.

Not seeing your swing it's tough to tell, but like sirsteveo said you could be falling into the ball, no matter how far away from it you stand.

Maybe try this. Place your driver cover just outside the ball so that if you hit in the center of the face or toward the toe, you won't touch it, but will if you heel it. This is normally used for someone coming over the top, but you could use it as a psychological ploy to keep from getting into the heel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Were you closing the stance at address position ?   Were the ball flight mostly fading  with occasional pulled hook ?

Check the fundamental of grip, alignment, and posture.   Remain balanced throughout the golf swing and stick to the correct alignment.  

I would try one more thing, when practicing  have someone else stand behind the target line when you hit the driver.  I had a guy always address the golf ball toward the heel without realizing.  I had him address the tee shot then I held the club in place for him to come around the back of the target line to see for himself that he was addressing the tee shot toward the heel.    Same mistake often happens when golfers lining up for putts.

Note: This thread is 2512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!