IGNORED

Newbie from Vietnam

Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone ! I am Steven from Vietnam. I am learning about golf, how to play and how to design golf course mini in home. I join this forum to receive some advise from everyone for newbie (Don't know more about golf before).

Now i know a little about:

• What does a golf course include ?

The golf course does not follow a certain standard but will be scheduled according to a set course consisting of 9 or 18 holes. Corresponding to each hole on the pitch, there will be a tee box or tee and an area with a hole called the putting green. In between the tee and the putting green, other terrain types will be available: Fairway, rough grass, sandbanks and other obstacles (water, rocks). , Grass dust, ...). These obstacles will be arranged according to the design of each type of yard and not follow a standard.

• How to play golf (just a little).

Golf has two forms of play: stroke play and match play. In it, the play stroke play golf is the most popular.

And i am learn more about this 2 forms of play.

The questions i am finding out the answer is: Which form of play is easier for golfer.

If anyone know, please give me some informations. Thanks very much.

(Chow am) Steven.  I'm a proponent of match play.  I did not grow up that way; but came to the realization that the less I knew about "the score" the better.  When I play a match I pay more attention to what I am doing and less about what I have done.  It works for me and, as you will doubtless discover, every round has an effect on you...regardless of the format.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, Piz said:

(Chow am) Steven.  I'm a proponent of match play.  I did not grow up that way; but came to the realization that the less I knew about "the score" the better.  When I play a match I pay more attention to what I am doing and less about what I have done.  It works for me and, as you will doubtless discover, every round has an effect on you...regardless of the format.  

Well Piz ! That is a opinion.

As i know,

For play match play, there is no need to pay attention to the number of clubs, but only the winning score at each hole. As for stroke play, it is important to look at the number of clubs hit the hole. Whoever has a total of 18 clubs will win at least.

But, match play is popular more. And As far as i've got to learn, match play maybe easier for newbie.

I think match play is easier for a "newbie" because you are not basing your opinion of yourself on the expertise of others.  The same could be said of stroke play...breaking 100, breaking 90, breaking 80, etc.  The handicap system applies to either form and the basic idea is to reward the player who plays best relative to their own skill level.  To me...match play is a more "friendly" style of competition...and more vicious at the same time.  It is the dichotomy that appeals to me...much like a fire in a lake.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

To me, golf has a difficulty that is independent of which format you compete. Golf is figuring out how to advance the ball with proper technique, and to some extent figuring out which shot to play for each opportunity you have.

if a certain format is easier or harder, then it's easier or harder for the other guy too- nullifying your advantage. I don't get the point of discussing which format is easier for a new player. 

In fact, why bother competing at all until you can advance the ball somewhat reliably? Focus there as a newbie- then worry about format of competition much later. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

On 16/6/2017 at 5:58 PM, RandallT said:

To me, golf has a difficulty that is independent of which format you compete. Golf is figuring out how to advance the ball with proper technique, and to some extent figuring out which shot to play for each opportunity you have.

if a certain format is easier or harder, then it's easier or harder for the other guy too- nullifying your advantage. I don't get the point of discussing which format is easier for a new player. 

In fact, why bother competing at all until you can advance the ball somewhat reliably? Focus there as a newbie- then worry about format of competition much later. 

Hi Randall T !

You right ! About form of playing golf, each form has its own easy and difficult. Depend on player. For newbie, i don't have experience to discuss. I just learn on website, document and the opinion of others. So let me play much and learn more about this.

Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!