IGNORED

Ball marking rule

Protectair
Note: This thread is 2466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In a recent Golfweek Amateur tournament I marked my ball on the green, cleaned it and then replaced it on the green appropriately. After I replaced my ball I noticed an unrepairedballmark in my line .

i told my fellow competitors that I would repair the ballpark , which I did, then I putted.

after I putted one of my playing partners told me that I violated a rule by repairing the ball mark after I placed my ball back on the green, " after you replace your ball on the green the only action you can take is to putt it", I was told.

does anyone know if that is correct?

What rule did they cite? 

I would have asked what rule or decision that is.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

They were not correct.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

People come up with the strangest crap sometimes....  

Welcome to the forum.  We hope you'll stick around!  :beer:

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, Protectair said:

...one of my playing partners told me that I violated a rule by repairing the ball mark after I placed my ball back on the green, " after you replace your ball on the green the only action you can take is to putt it", I was told.

does anyone know if that is correct?

How did you handle it?  Did you include a penalty?  Or did you ask the tournament organizers after you were done?

As everyone has said, the competitor was not correct.  But something must have been done at the time and I am curious what transpired.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

I in a very gentlemanly way told him to kiss my a.. and if at the end of the day the committee ruled against me I would adjust my score

he and I were not getting along anyways

i did check with the tournament organizer who said he had never heard of any such rule but I am playing with the same guy tomorrow in another event, my bad fortune, maybe I'll do the same thing tomorrow just to hack him off

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Protectair said:

i did check with the tournament organizer who said he had never heard of any such rule but I am playing with the same guy tomorrow in another event, my bad fortune, maybe I'll do the same thing tomorrow just to hack him off

Put a copy of the rule book in your bag. You know, just in case.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!