Sign in to follow this  
muskegman

Glove?

Note: This thread is 4329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear a glove?

• Glove
    • No glove
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

142 posts / 27866 viewsLast Reply

Jeff, I'm glad you made this topic. I am publishing a review on a golf glove on Wednesday I believe. I reviewed the new 3M Greptile glove. I think you will enjoy the read.

Are you still using this glove?

I have no choice... I sweat too much not to wear one... once I didn't and I sweated so much the club flew out of my hands and onto the range... awkward stopping everyone at the range to go get my club.... :T

Chipping and putting, no glove. ever...

I use one on all full shots, but when I'm closer, I take it off.

I use a footjoy glove. My initials are JFEYB so to see the FJ for footjoy is just my first two initials reversed.

I use a footjoy glove. My initials are JFEYB so to see the FJ for footjoy is just my first two initials reversed.

Geez.. you have five initials???

As for me-- no glove just corded grips

I'm like Jeff. I feel more "connected" to the swing not wearing a glove. Some of my playing buddies carry four or five gloves with them when it's really humid out. I just make certain to have a wet towel and a dry one with me for my hands and my clubs

Definitely wearing a glove. Actually have worn a glove on every shot most of my playing life, but i think this year I will try to eliminate wearing it on touch shots and putts.

I never wore a glove for the first 10 years or so of playing golf. A few years ago I went through a funk of hitting big hooks. It felt to me like I was strangling the club and decided to wear a glove so I didn't need to grip it as tight. It helped with the hooks and I've worn one every since. Now if I try playing without one, I instinctively tighten my grip because it feels less secure. I have to wear one now.

That is fascinating to me. I learned golf gloveless and played my first 5 or 6 years like that... had to get a glove because my hands got too sweaty to the point where I couldn't even hold the club.

However, looking back, during that period I had a ferocious hook which "somehow" dissappeared around the time I got the glove. Never thought about that connection... you might be onto something with the grip pressure insight.

I always wear one. I learned that "you should take it off to putt - better feel"...but I keep it on all the time. The golf glove helps me hold the club better without being too tight. It's also a psychologically aspect. It helps me get into my round...putting on my glove along with putting tees into my pocket. I'm ready to play

my dad taught me corded grips and no glove 2 years ago and havent looked back since..... i tryed to use one for the heck of it and i just couldent feel the shots at all...... i got so used to feeling for the shots that i cant use a glove

Note: This thread is 4329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!