IGNORED

Driver's loft

Note: This thread is 5694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the loft of your driver?

• < 8.5°
    • 8.5°
    • 9.5°
    • 10°
    • 10.5°
    • 11°
    • 11.5°
    • 12°
    • 13°
    • other

10.5* for the win! That is the loft on the 905R at least. Hit my 8.5* TiSi Tec almost as high though. Just depends on the driver and the drivee..

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 degree for me. Ive had all different lofts and love the 9. Id rather sacrifice some distance for accuracy off the tee. I love low burners that peak height WAY out there, for my woods and my irons even!

My buddy has an 11.5 or 12 and it was kind of a joke for me to even look at it. 9 degree at address just looks 'right' to me.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

Im currentl at a 9.5 right now and its absolutly perfect. but if I was forced to switch. Id go down to a 9. It will go lower giving the drive more roll and also will be a little lower when In the wind. Making it easier to cut through.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

10.5 here. Hit a 9.5 but never owned one. Not sure how I would like it.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

I hit my old R7 460 which was a 9.5 degree a perfect height. Great launch angle. That was with the stock RE*AX stiff shaft.

My current 905R is a 9.5 also, with YS6 stiff and it launches much lower. Not as far either.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Usually, Drivers have more loft than is marked on them. I have a Cleveland marked 10.5, I took it to a clubfitter and found out it's actually 12. I have a tour issue Adams that's marked 10.5 and it's actually 11 degrees.

I am hitting my driver a bit to high, loft turned out to be 13* and it is a 10.5*. I will be buying a new driver and will have it measured before I lay down the money. Plan on switching to 9* and a smaller head like 400cc. Not much for the larger size heads either.

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

so many use the wrong loft. get fitted, people!

theres a kid on my golf team with a Sumo2, 9.5 Degrees and a stiff flex. He bought it because he hits pop ups and though that would hit it lower for him...

thats not the way it works

• 2 weeks later...
I have a R-flex 10.5* R7 460.. i was wondering if re-shafting to a stiff REAX would help. I carry about 200-210 right now, and if I had to guess, I'd say my club speed is about 90-95 mph. I can't be sure.

However, I do hit a lot of fairways. I can stripe the ball on most occasions, so I gues I don't really have a reason to change except to add yardage for these long par 5's, so I can reach in two. :)
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

I use the 9.5 and get a launch angle of 16... But i don't want to go any less loft

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

Cleveland Ti460 9.5 degree
Absolutely love the ball flight

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

I use a 10.5 TM Burner... but I think I'm going to go pick up a 9.5 for additional distance when I play longer courses

i'm using a 9.5 now. I wish cleveland made the HiBoreXL in a 9.....although I still haven't tried swinging an 8.5 yet.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

My R7 is a 10.5*. I hit it very high, but I get 275 carry and about 10-20 yards of roll. I wanted a 9.5* but I settled for the 10.5 due to it being only $90....

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

I bought a Callaway Hyper X 10 degree, regular flex shaft a few weeks ago. I am pleased with the carry, the roll and the forgiveness. My numbers on the launch monitor were better with this driver than with any other I tried from Cobra ( of which I have had several ) and TaylorMade.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• 3 weeks later...
I'm curious, what's the loft of your driver?

When I buy another driver, I am definiely concerned about the loft. However, I would not buy one until I hit some balls on the launch monitor. You need to take into account the shaft, launch angle, ball speed and spin rate to determine what is best. May be 9.5 on one but 12 on another.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

I will be receiving a SQ Sumo2 5900 this week - 10.5° and regular flex.

When I started playing out of grad school, a friend gave me a DCI clone driver with a 9.5° loft and stiff flex! I actually hit that okay. Unfortunately after about 3 months, the shaft broke about 3 inches above the head, and the head went flying off into the woods, never to be found ... My buddy who I had been playing with that fateful day, gave me his Big Bertha which had a loft of 10° and a regular flex. An achilles tear and ACL surgery (basketball) kept me off the courses for 3 summers and I finally returned this spring and I was hitting the Big Bertha very well for a novice like myself. I have toned down my swing speed which may have helped. The Nike didn't come in 10° and the fitter and I both thought it best to err on the side of a higher loft at 10.5°.

Note: This thread is 5694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!