IGNORED

Fat Irons after watching this video

Note: This thread is 2397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Background: From the top of my backswing I was shifting my upper body forward which would cause my head to be in front of ball at impact. After watching the video below and practicing a bit my problem was fixed, but has since lead to hitting my irons fat. Driver and woods are amazing since they are on the upswing but need help with irons. 

This video seemed to help one problem but lead to another. Below is a list of things that I think might be causing this and am wondering if anyone else has same issue or suggestions.

1. With pressure being put on right foot,not enough gets transferred to left causing fat shot

2. Too steep on down swing

3 Releasing club early

Releasing the club early has been an issue for me due to back injury. It's something I try to keep in my mind when I swing, as well as keeping the club face closed on follow through. Both things have screwed my drives and irons.

I can honestly say 2 and 3 are things to look into.

• Administrator

I literally watched about ten seconds of that video, and he says "most of my weight is still behind the ball."

Uhhh, no. Not really. With a driver? Sure. With a ball positioned forward a bit more than usual? Maybe? But probably still not then either? (And that's only if we're talking about weight and not pressure. If we're talking pressure, it's always well forward at impact with something hit off the ground.)

But relative to the middle of your stance? No. Almost never.

01.jpg

And what's more, your PRESSURE is WAY under the LEFT (front) foot at impact. WAY forward. Or it should be.

Again, I only watched ten seconds, but those ten seconds were not good IMO. I'd check out this topic:

Get your weight forward at impact. There's a reason it's Key #2.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I've become convinced that there are two different golf swings. One for the Driver, and one for every other club in the bag other than the putter.

Modern thinking wants you swinging "up" with your Driver. Positive angle of attack. How do you do that with a ball that is sitting on the ground?

8 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I've become convinced that there are two different golf swings. One for the Driver, and one for every other club in the bag other than the putter.

Modern thinking wants you swinging "up" with your Driver. Positive angle of attack. How do you do that with a ball that is sitting on the ground?

Huh? With driver the ball is sitting up on a tee and the ball is forward ( even with your lead shoulder, inside lead heel for example). Just as your club head leaves its lowest arc point it begins to go upward. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!