IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge November 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11/26/17:

Putting in the living room after work this evening.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, Lihu said:

Driving range. Practiced my whipping motion trying to use the least amount of effort possible. Minimizing my motion while trying to maximize the snap at impact. It’ll take some time to do this.

More whipping motion practice in front of 3 windows to get multiple views through the swing.

Decided to try slowing down the backswing even more than my natural cadence between 3.5 and 4. Using metronome.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11/27/17:

A little cold this morning. But went outside and hit some limited-distance golf balls (The AlmostGolf ones from Dick's). For about 30 minutes this morning before I got ready for work. Mostly, GW, 9i, and 7i working on "finishing my backswing" before transition, having that slight .25 second pause at the top of the backswing and making sure I get a good firm base with my feet and drive into the ground... So if I'm understanding how these balls kind of work, I was hitting the 7i about 70 yards or so, the 9i was going a good 55 yards and the gap wedge was going about 45 yards... I think I'm closer to the 40% in the 30-40% range... last year I hit a Driver with on of these balls for fun and I hit it over the driveway down at the bottom of the hill, which is 110 yards from where I was hitting to the road and I flew the road with it... Remember these are limited distance "Neighborhood Safe" golf balls I'm practicing with...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

More whipping motion practice in front of 3 windows to get multiple views through the swing.

Decided to try slowing down the backswing even more than my natural cadence between 3.5 and 4. Using metronome.

Decided that 1:15-ish is better. Can hit up to 6 pretty well. Got quite a few 5i and a few 4i. 4i is generally really hard for me to get height on. Hybrid is pretty good. Slow back swing works well. Hit about 120 balls at the range. I seem to be hitting reasonable distances with the normal swing at this point despite the balls being wet and cooler. Not as far as in the summer, but far enough.

Will start working on putting in another week or so, it's pretty bad overall. Plan on more short game practice tomorrow.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11/27 started out easily enough, hit about 35 balls at the range, trying to make good contact. Aka trying to knott to hit thin or phat but make contact then a divot. Not happy I played the Senator course on the RTJ Trail. Which went great, love the course,will play again. Then drove around 100 miles and worked on par 3’s at the Opelika par 3 course. We got in 9 just before the sunset. Felt much better about par 3’s after this. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

A little bit of everything I can do at home today. Putting getting my shoulders square. Chipping working on my left arm and similar with some full swing practice at work. 

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Decided that 1:15-ish is better. Can hit up to 6 pretty well. Got quite a few 5i and a few 4i. 4i is generally really hard for me to get height on. Hybrid is pretty good. Slow back swing works well. Hit about 120 balls at the range. I seem to be hitting reasonable distances with the normal swing at this point despite the balls being wet and cooler. Not as far as in the summer, but far enough.

Will start working on putting in another week or so, it's pretty bad overall. Plan on more short game practice tomorrow.

Using my “mirrors” to see what might be going on with my long irons. The lie possibly puts them too shallow for a nice high shot? Will take to range later before doing my short game practice.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/28/17:

Nice day today so I again hit my limited distance balls in the yard. Foci were getting my weight forward and spine tilt.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Started out with a small bucket. Worked on knott hitting phat, aka making good contact. Then played 18 at The Lake Course, grand National, Alabama. Loved the course!

Putting and chipping again today. I went back through the thread to double check I had posted every day and it looks like I missed two days. I would have sworn I was 28 for 28, but apparently not. Most frustrating. 

14 hours ago, Lihu said:

Using my “mirrors” to see what might be going on with my long irons. The lie possibly puts them too shallow for a nice high shot? Will take to range later before doing my short game practice.

Did short game practice. Getting a little better with short chips.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On 11/27/2017 at 6:33 AM, Lihu said:

Getting back the feel of pulling forward then turning the hips to “whip the club” again. Just going to do this for a while before getting fancy with the accumulator stuff.

Mirror (3 orthogonal Windows) work with natural tempo.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

No warm up bucket today we tee’d off at 9:50 with the focus being no 6’s and no phat shots. We’ll I double bougeyed 2 par 4’s but I had no 6s on 16 holes today, and only shot 1 hybrid shot fat, an all time low for me. Yesterday and today’s games were a couple of the best games I ever played. 

11/29

12 hours ago, Lihu said:

Getting back the feel of pulling forward then turning the hips to “whip the club” again. Just going to do this for a while before getting fancy with the accumulator stuff.

Mirror (3 orthogonal Windows) work with natural tempo.

Did a clinic and fixed the turn. I am initiating the swing with transfer then turn trying to hold off the shoulders.

Drives finally going somewhat where I’m aiming. :banana:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/29/17:

Putted in the living room for a bit focused on keeping my fingers and grip pressure light.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!