IGNORED

Different Way To Enjoy The Golf Course

Patch
Note: This thread is 2285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Our little 6some group signed up for a 3 club charity tournament. All proceeds went to the local juvenile diabetes foundation.

We paid our fees, bought some mulligans, and some raffle tickets. Cost us on average about $120 each.  There wete 28 golfers participating. All total the foundation made out quite well. 

Since we arrived early we all settled in the club house to wait for the start of this shindig.

Some one bought a couple of $7 pitchers of beer. One thing led to another, and a few more pitchers were purchased. Then some food, more pitchers, and of course we missed our start. We didn't swing a club. We did however watch Woody kind of have a bad 3rd round. 

A few more pichers later, and they had the raffle drawing. One of our group won a golf bag, which he did not need. He promptly sold it to someone else, and donated the money. 

Another group, there for a birthday party, after talking to us donated some of the birthday guy's money to our cause. 

We had a good time, and the JDF made out, like I said quite well. Heck, the phone call to a couple of our wives to come get us was not too bad either. We were also promised no one would have our vehicles towed if left after hours. :-P

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Different Way To Enjoy The Golf Course
On 12/2/2017 at 1:48 PM, Patch said:

Our little 6some group signed up for a 3 club charity tournament. All proceeds went to the local juvenile diabetes foundation.

We paid our fees, bought some mulligans, and some raffle tickets. Cost us on average about $120 each.  There wete 28 golfers participating. All total the foundation made out quite well. 

Since we arrived early we all settled in the club house to wait for the start of this shindig.

Some one bought a couple of $7 pitchers of beer. One thing led to another, and a few more pitchers were purchased. Then some food, more pitchers, and of course we missed our start. We didn't swing a club. We did however watch Woody kind of have a bad 3rd round. 

A few more pichers later, and they had the raffle drawing. One of our group won a golf bag, which he did not need. He promptly sold it to someone else, and donated the money. 

Another group, there for a birthday party, after talking to us donated some of the birthday guy's money to our cause. 

We had a good time, and the JDF made out, like I said quite well. Heck, the phone call to a couple of our wives to come get us was not too bad either. We were also promised no one would have our vehicles towed if left after hours. :-P

Normally I'd say you guys slacked off. But since you did it in the name of charity I applaud your efforts and holiday spirit.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

10 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Normally I'd say you guys slacked off. But since you did it in the name of charity I applaud your efforts and holiday spirit.

Normally you would be right. Then again,  at our ages, (65-71) a little slacking off is not a bad thing.......when done in moderation....lol  

In our case, the fact that 3 carts of some what abused decision making, that did not get on the course, probably saved numerous lives, and potential property damage. . :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Can't say I've ever done that pre-round, but I've Uber-ed home from the little bar at my course on many occasions. Much to be said about good friends and a couple too many beers :beer:, as long as everyone makes smart decisions getting home. ;-)

• Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 2285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!