IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Borrowed a friend’s Mevo and it’s definitely a good training aid in that it reminds you to compress the ball for distance as I tend to be more of a “sweeper” - it was fun

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 145 - May 22, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Played 18. Need to get in a good range or indoor session SOON. Losing the feel for what I have to do. I think it's about width, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 88: Same thing as yesterday. Worked on my right hand only drill, getting arm closer to my hip on the downswing and hips more open at impact.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 166

Worked on posture and pre-shot routine again today. Felt during setup that my hands were further away from my body and my arms weren’t hanging as vertical, more diagonal aligned with the shaft, compared to the video clips from my last lesson (confirmed in mirror). So polished this up a bit and hit a few balls. Skipped superspeed today, early morning round tomorrow and don’t want to feel any muscle tightness. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 52 - borrowing someone’s Mevo to help me learn new carry distances for new clubs, it also helps to reinforce compression of the ball as I can clearly see the difference in the number when I do a better job of that.  The downside is that I found myself trying to “go after it” more than I normally would, no doubt driven subconsciously by my desire to see bigger numbers.

Doing all of this I continued to work on Right elbow action in backswing as I bring club up to A3-4.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 146 - May 23, 2020

Played 18. Still need to get in a good range or indoor session. Feel was better today, but still hit some WEIRD shots.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 89: worked on my right hand only drill. Added the feels to some full swing work. Seemed to be pretty solid. 

-- Daniel

Day 167

Played 18 today and scored a personal best 80. Recent focus on pre-shot routine and posture seemed to pay off. On course I focused on keeping the same pre-shot routine for every shot, and the only swing thought I had was posture at address, and just let the swing happen. One of the better ballstriking rounds I’ve had. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

Day 53 - the ol’ wall drill. Yesterday with the Mevo “watching,” I was really “going after it” trying to get my club distances and I noticed a lot of extra forward weight shift which was moving my head, resulting in hitting it both thin and fat. So, today I broke out the wall drill...after dating her for 4-6 months a year or so ago,  it was nice seeing her again.

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 147 - May 24, 2020

Downtown. Five holes. Outdoor range session. I’m close. Smoke and mirrors the last few times out.

Day 90: Still the one armed drilled. Did some fuller swings as well. Working on getting the hips open and my right elbow and wrist more bent at impact.

-- Daniel

Day 168

Just a bit of indoor putting stuff in the morning, and a few balls off the mat after dinner, focusing on posture at address. 

-Peter

Day 86 - worked on pitches and chips today for about 20 minutes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 148 - May 25, 2020

An interesting day. 9am for a lesson. 10:10 kinda hit some balls around the front nine. 11:45 - hit the range for 45 minutes, hitting about 50 balls but literally one (a driver near the end) beyond what felt like 1/3 of a swing (which was undoubtedly 2/3 of a swing).

All hit pretty well. I see the other side of this tunnel.

• Like 1