IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 520:

Started working on downswing priority piece hitting foam balls with slow swings. Also did some camera work to continue working on backswing piece.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 46 (5/20/21) - Range work today with a small bucket. As a warmup, I did the "Ladder Drill" with my SW; 5 balls starting with A2-A8 (about 20-yards) then gradually increasing to A3-A9 (about 50-yards) incrementally increasing the distance. For the remainder of the bucket, I did the "Pre-Set Drill" 7-iron thru UW, then 6H and 5H. I was able to repeat solid impact with a slight draw on most shots. This is a great drill!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 133 (20 May 21) - Forgot to post yesterday, my bad (wedge work in the backyard, working the 54* wedge to specific distances)......Picked back up today with a round at the local course.  Work today was on mixing the clubs up, i.e. not doing what I always do but rather hitting different clubs into the greens.  As I was alone and no one was behind I could focus on course management - what the lie presented, what obstacles to overcome and where I wanted to ball to land.  All that work on chips/pitches in the yard with the 54* wedge paid off as I was able to equate what I saw to known distances in my yard.        

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 509 - May 20, 2021

A bunch of short game work with the new Edel wedges (I'm using one of the fitting cart ones). The V Grind is the closest replacement to the old DVR grind. It's okay.

I may change up from the C-Taper shafts, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 220: Range work. Gathered more MEVO data with most clubs. It’s having trouble with the 3 and 5W. Maybe it has something to do with launch angle? Then I went to another course and worked on short game and sand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 521:

Did some camera work indoors to reinforce backswing piece. Worked with 7-iron and 3W to get the concept working for longer clubs too. Went outside with camera and worked on downswing priority piece. 

-Peter

Day 86.  Wall drill, spine tilt away and turning around it.  Did this drill several different intervals today.  Will aim to swing some tomorrow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 134 (21 May 21) - Easy day today as the left foot is feeling the walk from yesterday.   Used the 7i as a spreader bar between the hands to keep the trail arm from over collapsing and getting the stretch in sides.  Recalled the drill from the Covid practice plan of making sure the trail elbow stays >90* in then bend.  Several sets of reps of this in front of the mirror.  Now to rest the foot some more and watch the pros battle the Atlantic breezes at Kiawah....

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 221: Rest day today. Did do a bit of chipping in the yard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 47 (5/21/21) - 9-hole league tonight; shot a 46 (Par is 34) with 19 putts. 

Edited by Bob M
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 510 - May 21, 2021

Short game work/demonstration during a playing lesson. I hit one 50° wedge to about 15 feet, though, with the only "full" swing I made for the day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 522:

Did a little bit of backswing practice continuing to reinforce the priority piece of not taking club and hands inside. Compared video from my last lesson with some video from today. Feel is that hands are going out and away from me but I need still need to work on keeping shoulders turning. I’d give myself a B so far. Did some downswing work with foam balls, working on clubface control to get my desired start line.

-Peter

Day 87.   Yes, I got to hit (foam) balls, indoors, off a mat, into a net, after doing the wall drill (both near a wall and on the mat).  There were about a half dozen balls hit, each of which followed wall drill, then wall drill on the mat, then practice swing movement, and lastly actually swinging at the ball. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 48 (5/22/21) - Practiced hitting short wedge shots with my Orange Whip Wedge using a drill from a Bryan Pate video. 

Edited by Bob M

Day 135 (22 May 21) - Pitch drills w/the PW in the yard today, focusing on alignment to the flag, landing the ball close enough to release and finish near the flag.  Had a number finish too close and roll past. Then used PW to “blade” putt the balls to the hole.  The latter spurred by a recent thread about participating in a 4 club tourney.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 523:

More reinforcement of backswing priority piece with camera. Did it with driver today, to make sure everything carries over to longest club with slightly different setup to ball. Then went outside and hit some foam balls, working on clubface control, also with camera.

-Peter

Day 88.  Foam and real balls today;  the focus was setup (spine angle away) and turning around it.  Indoors, off a mat, into the net.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 49 (5/23/21) - Block practice on Finess Wedge shots (basically a pitching motion) in my yard with a 60* wedge. Currently I don't carry anything more lofted than a 56* wedge when playing, but I like to practice with a lob wedge as I can see the utility of playing one in the future....when I can use it properly.

Edited by Bob M