IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 376: Worked on setting up the MEVO+ again then did some driver shots and a 7 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 137 (07 Nov 21) - Building on the squaring up work noted on Day 134 by working from impact position back to the top of the backswing.  Working on having the hands ahead of the club head at impact. Finished with 10 five shot groups of bump & runs / pitches with the 8i. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 20 (11/7/21) - Practiced chipping to targets at 5, 10 and 15-yards, 6 balls each with my 58* wedge. I found the 5-yard target particularly challenging due to the swing involved being really short. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 7 - November 7, 2021

Just 15 minutes - had a lot longer day than I had originally planned today - downtown after junior stuff. No balls at full speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 7 (11/7):

Late-nite indoor range session (focus on weight forward/momentum shift) [60 min].

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 21 (11/8/21) - More work on chipping today. I set targets at 5, 10 and 15 yards and started by doing underhand tosses to each one, trying to get a feel for the distance. Followed this by hitting shots to these targets with my 58* wedge. Objectives are making crisp contact, releasing the club to mimic the underhand toss feeling and getting as close as possible to the target. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 8 - November 8, 2021

Worked on putting (for a video I had to film for someone) in my basement today. You can see a very short video I recorded during that time in the "do not accelerate" putting topic.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 377: Took the MEVO + to a range today to compare vs my home set up. It worked well with no issues shots. Tried to gather data to compare to the sessions I did at home. Also, did Fit for Golf Phase 2 workout A.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 138 (08 Nov 21) - Full swing drills with the 5i and hard foam balls in the backyard.  Worked on keeping the head pretty much centered and down through the swing.  Also worked on the hands along the grip.  Was a good day of easing into shots and focusing on solid contact before contacting the ground.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 100:

Continued work on backswing piece of "toe up" (actually matches spine angle), and keeping trail elbow straight. Also worked on waggling over the ball, instead of standing dead still before taking the club back. The waggle thing is new, and feels unusual, and I'm not settled on exactly what I will end up with on this.

After doing the backswing and waggle practice, hit some balls working on a transition feel to get weight forward/recenter.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 9 (11/9):

Early morning indoor range session with all my irons (focus on power/distance) [60 min].

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 378: Played 18 today after a frost delay. Played pretty well except the par 3s. Missed every green on those. The work I’ve done on the drip has helped reduce hooks. Had a couple of over draws but they stayed out of trouble. I had my longest drive of the year, 274 yards, but sadly the ball rolled off the fairway and into a lateral hazard where my only play was punch out side ways. Bogeyed the hole.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3120474

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 9 - November 9, 2021

Played nine holes with a few irons.

Day 22 (11/9/21)  - More wedge work today.  Hit right hand only chips, then 9 to 3 swings, both with my 58* wedge. The single handed chips ensure that the club head is swinging freely, but also requires confidence. Good drill which I will work on again. 

Day 139 (09 Nov 21) - Played 18 today, shot a personal best of 81.  Started the round with heavy dew (rooster tails on the ball), so putting the greens was a real challenge through the first 1/3 of the round. Made for an aggressive putting stroke - which given the rough state of the greens -was the only option.  Thankful for the practice drills of late to keep the tempo steady thru the stroke.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 101:

Rainy day today, so no outdoor stuff. Continue to work on backswing piece(s) indoors with LVP camera, and did a little waggle refinement.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 22 (11/9/21) - Played 9 holes at North Kingstown today, shooting a 9-over 45 with 15 putts, one double and no 7s. 

Edited by Bob M

Day 379: Worked on shoulder turn and backswing length.

Scott

My Swing Thread