IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 122:

Same as yesterday; indoor backswing practice, and then outdoor practice hitting almost golf balls in the dark, working on transition piece. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 160 (01 Dec 21) - Worked the Birdie Balls with the 3HL 17deg SLDR fairway today.  Focus was to get solid strikes with no hard pulls or pushes.  Also worked on keeping the arms extended by using a rope to warm up with and making full swings to let the body lead the way.  Of the sets of 10, I would have 2 that were definite pulls and maybe one push.  Most shots were in the "fairway", i.e. less than 5yds off my target line with a good number being within a yard or so.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 41 (12/1/21) - Putting Practice: On PuttOUT mat started with 6' putts focused on getting a true end-over-end roll of the ball, followed by random length putts from 1' to 6' with no misses.

Pitching motion practice: worked on Day 7 drills without a ball, then hit some shots. Focused on using the bounce, not digging.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 400: worked with the MEVO Plus today at the range. Worked mostly on distance wedges, 1/2 to 3/4 swings trying to get launch angle down. I do think I’m get some bounce off the mat. I wanted to film but brought the wrong tripod.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 31 - December 1, 2021

Got downtown early before junior lessons today and put in some time on the first two feet of the backswing, just getting the hinging and rotation stuff down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 123:

Some friends visiting to share some Chanukah traditions with us tonight, so didn't have time to get much practice in. Did more "cupped wrist to left arm parallel" backswing rehearsals, and also some start of transition rehearsals to get my hat brim pointed in the right direction (slightly behind ball). No hitting balls though...I miss having daylight at 5pm. 

-Peter

Day 161 (02 Dec 21) - Course management drill today as I played “Worst Ball” today.  Two balls off the tee - where worst shot landed is where I played the next one, again using two balls.  Other limiting factors - driver, fairway wood and hybrid could only be used when teeing.  Irons/wedges in to the green.  The tough part was when you could see yourself giving up 50yds because one shot played to favor the hole and the other didn’t.  This has become on of my fave discipline tools - knowing why Sep Value is so valuable, why good club choice is key and why thinking about what club will play best into the green becomes paramount.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 401: worked on my priority pieces doing punch and long arc drills with a 6 iron and filmed them.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 42 (12/2/21) - Played 7 holes at North Kingstown today. Did not keep score, but made it a practice round at times playing 2 or 3 balls and trying various shots with different clubs to see what happened. The range is closed and it being December anything more outdoors will be opportunistic based on the weather, temperature and whether or not there is snow on the ground. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 124:

Worked on backswing piece, and transition. Filmed some DTL and FO swings for my Member Swing thread, but can't figure out how to get the videos out of the Live View Pro app on my Amazon tablet to post on YouTube (in theory, the LVP camera seems like a nice training aid, but I am getting frustrated with how clunky it is to use). I noticed that it didn't look like I was making a good shoulder turn at all, at a point the shoulders stopped rotating and arms kept going, maybe because I have been working on cupped wrist feel my shoulders/core have gone dormant. So did some airplane drill to really feel the shoulders turning and then filmed a bit more.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 32 - December 2, 2021

Long day of GEARS sessions. I will get on it myself next week sometime. But anyway… hit balls for ten minutes afterward. Starting to add a little bit of the "throw it behind me" stuff on the downswing. Just helps flush it. Still mostly working on the early backswing stuff.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 43 (12/3/21) - Practiced full swing motion with my 7-iron using the "Day 5" drill: swing to A6, small pump then hit the (Almostgolf) ball with a pivot. Did this for about 10-minutes outside (pretty cold and windy, however). 

• Administrator

Day 33 - December 3, 2021

Practiced a bit before an 8am lesson today, and then made some swings with my PVC at home while watching Practice 1 of F1.

Day 402: Cold and windy today so just some chipping in the basement. I made some mods to my hitting mat to make it more forgiving. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 162 (03 Dec 21) - Did pitch drills w/9i today in the backyard.  Was able to dial in specific target spots varying the distances and lies (blessed with a backyard that has small dips).  As most rounds include a good number of nGIR, these drills help keep the confidence up when around the greens. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 125:

Worked a on transition move this afternoon, going from cupped to flexed lead wrist. Also continued working on cupped wrist feel on backswing.

-Peter

Day 403: worked on my priority pieces again today with 6 iron and driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 44 (12/4/21) - Long putting practice today on my PuttOUT mat. Did the following: 

1) Perfect Putt challenge

2) Ladder drill; basically putting from the side hash marks in addition to the center

3) Rolled putts down each of the lines on the mat

I did items 1 and 2 from 1' to 6'.