IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 181 - Range work today:

1) Approach shots: Focused on making solid contact and consistent shot shape. Started with my 6H, then 5H, 7i and HW in that order. 

2) Driver: I've had a case of the rights (based on recent Trakman data, I am leaving the club face too open at impact) and after hitting a few of these today, I focused on inline impact and began to hit much more solid shots. Need to bring this to the course

3) Wedges: Hit shots with various wedges to targets at 30, 40, 50 and 75 yards. Hit several high and right so clearly need to focus on inline impact and club face control with these shots as well.

Overall a good practice session.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

day 51: went to the range and wanted to practice and realised that the flight I reserved yesterday actually was for today (but yesterday nobody had that flight booked).. so i ended up walking a round today again.. good preparation for the round tomorrow morning 😉

I do have to get some more time in to actually focus on some practice.. 

cheers Chris

Day 138 (26 Apr 22) - played 9 hole best ball round this afternoon.  Stress free golf at its best.  Was able to enjoy going for it knowing at least one shot was good.  Ball striking was solid resulting in a good number of my shots being played from.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 177, April 26, 2022

Just about ten minutes of slow swings. Really feeling the downswing move with the back of the club moving down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 17

Temps dropped like 25 degrees today. So only hit a few wedges outside. Remainder of any practice was in the comfort of my home office. Hit some mid-irons. Worked on tempo and rotation mostly. Struck the ball pretty well. Gotta get ready for my league starting up a week from today. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 51.  Went to get video this morning.  Saw in the video that I'm doing the opposite of what my most recent lesson (albeit from August, due to my own getting too busy in Nov thru March), so rather than try to have video for Evolvr, I'm working on what my priority piece was in August.  It involved trying to get to a position at A3.  Three times today, for 5-10 minutes each, I set up (indoors, this time) with a 7-iron, swung to A3, checked that I was in the desired position, and reset.  After getting three in a row correct, I made a full swing (not at full speed).  Some of those full swings felt more solid than anything I've felt in about two weeks, which felt great.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 102:

Did short swings from A2 and A3, working on palmar flexion, and some setup stuff with grip and ball position. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 52.  This morning, before going to work, I hit a dozen balls in about as many minutes, with the same routine as yesterday:  several swings to A3, check that I'm in alignment with what I should be doing, and after a few correct in a row, a slow full swing.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 182 - Did an inline impact (flat left wrist) drill with my 9-iron (Wedzik's drill with an alignment rod) then hit a series of 5 and 10 yard chips to a target. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 558: Mixed it up today. Filmed a short session in my driveway to see if the feel I am working on it doing what I want. It was an improvement. So I then went to the range to look at ball flight. It is a feel I’ve used before and kind of got away from it while trying some other things suggested from my Evolvr lessons. Ball flight was better with more consistent push draws with the irons and push draw to slight push fade with driver. I also feel like I can really swing with speed with this feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 52: we've had Kingsday today in the Netherlands.. played 9-holes and had one of the best rounds (4 par and a birdie on SI 1, and 2 lip outs for either par or birdie, as well as a chip that ended up hitting the flag-stick and stopping less than 2 cm next to the hole).. that was all before going to town with some golf-buddies to party in Amsterdam and celebrating the kings birthday

cheers Chris

Day 139 (17 Apr 21) - Worked on bump and run drills in the backyard today with the 7i.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 178, April 27, 2022

Intended to get some full swing work done today, but didn't manage to do so. Instead, did some chipping work in the time I had.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18

Nothing too crazy today. Hit some mid irons again. Just focusing on a single swing thought I've been working on. Stuck it well. Gotta get my new grips on so that I can get a few days in with them before week 1 of the league. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 103:

Continued today with same drills as the last few. Hoping to work up to full swing by Friday. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 559: Worked on the same feel this morning and filmed it. It’s getting easier.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 140 (28 Apr 22) - Backyard range work with the 7i and hard foam balls.  Focus on grip position and getting solid impact. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star