IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 183 - Spent a couple of hours on, and around, the putting green today:

1) Practiced green reading, starting with using my feet to identify the fall line on three holes on the PG, tested by hitting 10' putts and adjusting as needed. Then hit 3'-4' putts from several different directions on each of the holes.

2) Lag putting - Hit 30' putts, uphill and downhill, with a goal of getting within a 3' (10%) radius of the hole.

3) Practiced short chips to a fairly close hole with my 58* wedge. Started with high chips (blade open, one ball forward) then low (blade straight, one ball back). For my basic shot, I have the shaft fairly upright, so less lean for a high chip, more for a low. Always trying to use at least some bounce on these shots. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 179, April 28, 2022

Little bit more chipping work. Some slow motion swings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 19

Swing just felt a little "off" today. So did a bit of 3/4 swing work at around a 70% speed. I did blow a couple of my new grips on and am really liking them (Tour Velvet plus 4 midsize). And FWIW, the swing felt off before blowing on the new grips. So that change didn't have anything to do with whatever was going on.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 104:

First worked on setup; ball position and grip. Then did covid-19 day-5 drills working on delivery, mostly palmar flexion.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 53.  It feels good to have meaningful practice.  I did both before work, when I got home, and after work (I did some work at home later in the day today).  A total of about 40 minutes, checking my alignment at A3 slowly, and after getting it right a few times in a row, a slow full swing.  Indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 560: Worked on the same pieces in my home net setup. Too windy and cold for the range to be of any use. Filmed the session. The driver swings felt bad but actually looked ok on video. Also did short game in the backyard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 141 (29 Apr 22) - walked the front 9 at Minnesott today (first time doing so in this course).  Used the quiet pace to focus on course management and get on or near in regulation.  It worked as I was 5 of 9 GIR and 2 nGIR.  A good walk! 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

day 54: spent about half an hour on the range practicing the driver.. then went to walk 4 holes before it got too dark

cheers Chris

Day 184 - Played the front 9 at NKGC in my Friday league which started today. Windy round in which I shot an 11 over 47.  

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 180, April 29, 2022

Hit about 30 6-irons today between some lessons. Measured a few — consistently 94 MPH with ball speeds of around 130.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 105:

Continued working on deliver/palmar flexion with covid-19 day-5 drills. Tried 5 balls with a full swing at the end of the session and I think it went pretty well. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 20

Spent my practice time today mostly hitting more 3/4 swing mid irons to continue getting the feel back. Then moved into full swings. Feel returned along with the ball striking consistency. After picking up the kid from school we did a little course maintenance (i.e. cut the grass with the tractor). Then I broke out a few of the stakes I use for targets during the summers. And we had a little match.

I hit the SCI-CORE almost balls, with just a 56. While he got to play with a real ball and his full "set". Which only consists of a driver and 7 iron at this point. We had a blast, and I'm looking forward to playing more golf with him. To finish the evening he asked me if I could hit balls over the house. Couldn't resist fulfilling the little guy's request. He thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

I'm really glad I picked up the SCI-CORE balls. They give good feedback and the shot shape is right on with a regular ball. I'm still surprised how far they fly. Not even half the weight of a standard ball, but I'm getting around 70 yards with a full 56.  

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 54.  I am sure I sound like a broken mp3 at this point, but same partial slow swings to A3, and after a few (and I'm getting them right far more often in a row now than a few days ago!), take a full (admittedly slow) swing.  As I type this, I think maybe I should rehearse the full swing too. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 55: walked 18 holes today (we played our monthly tournament from our whatsapp group (12 players today).. unfortunately I was not able to defend the title of being champion)

cheers Chris

Day 185 - Practices chip shots to 3' x 3' target, 10 balls each 3 paces (8 of 10), 5 paces (6 of 10) and 7 paces (3 of 10). 

Day 55.  Twice today, once in the morning and once in the early afternoon, I spent ten minutes doing what is now the usual routine.    

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 142 (30 Apr 22) - setup two targets approx 30 yds apart.  Worked on wedge shots into each - alternating rounds between 54 and 58.  Focused on engaging bounce and not flipping the wrists.  Took a total of just over 100 swings in groups of 12.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 181, April 30, 2022

Practiced for 20 minutes before a lesson and a long day. Just slow transition/downswing stuff.