IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 205.  Five minutes of full swing (6-iron), usual routine, in the indoor room after work today.

An aside.  I'm very happy that I'm keeping up daily practice, even if most days are only a few minutes.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 108 (01 Oct 22) - Worked on pre-shot setup incl. strengthened grip in the backyard. Hitting hard foam balls w/9i to specific target points in the my backyard as well as just outside the yard. 

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 2 - Worked a bit on my PP with slow swings indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 22- random iron practice and some block practice with the driver (which is a strength of my game).  Finished with short game practice chips and putts to mimic real play. Great session for me!

Day 206.  I played 18 with some friends today.  I shot an 85, not great, but not a bad outing either. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day #69 (10/1/22): Preset drills progressing to short swings. All clubs except driver. In the evening, fitness and speed exercises with an RMT club. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 23- Extensive putting practice with a new ball, the Maxfli Tour X, as a possible ball replacement.  Something to be said for how true the ball rolls.  Tried the balls at home on my 3’ ruler and was able to slow down my tempo and putt off the end of the ruler pretty frequently.  Good sessions!

Day 207.  I did a full Fit for Golf in-season workout this morning.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 109 (02 Oct 22) - mirror work today, focused on getting good rotation in the backswing and not reverse pivoting.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 70 (10/2/22): More preset drills and 3-9 swings. I also did a golf workout with RMT clubs 

JP Bouffard

Day 110 (03 Oct 22) - Played a drizzly, blustery 18 with my son today.  Definitely was a day of thinking through shots and the shot after exercise in course management. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 24 - chipping and putting practice. Chipping with 54* from a variety of lies and putting out for converting up and down.  Finished the night putting through smallest gate.

Day 208.  I am not sure what possessed me to just do backswing work and not actually hit a ball today.  I had a few minutes and just worked on the tilt drill, checking shoulders and tail at the top of the backswing.  There was a ball I set up to, and I was on the golf mat, but I didn't actually hit one today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 71 (10/3/22): A long session with impact pre-set swings. Still struggling to get into the position from a normal address. I was doing fairly well for a while, then went backwards. I can get in the correct positions in the lower body, but often my shoulders are still too level and I get poor contact. Tonight I worked on letting my right shoulder work down and under more, and not so level and across. This fixed contact dramatically, and it looked correct on video, but this was in very short swings at low speed. 

JP Bouffard

Day 111 (04 Oct 22) - Continued swing setup-grip pre-shot process, working thru the steps with 5i, 7i and 52deg wedge using hard foam balls.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 25- Putting and chipping practice indoors. Practice has been transferring to block practice at practice greens, and hope it will happen when I am playing this weekend.

Day 72 (10/4/22): Impact pre-set drills, from there to 1/2 swings. Thinking of my left hip leading, getting my weight forward, and allowing my right shoulder to "relax" so it can work down. My old swing videos show me IE-ing, straightening my right arm early, and my shoulders too level through impact with my right shoulder too high. I am concentrating on getting my right shoulder to be "below" the left shoulder at impact, and have my right elbow still bent at impact. Soon I will need to take a series of videos and send them to the teacher, and then get another online lesson. 

JP Bouffard

Day 209.  Fit for Golf, in-season workout A, with squats substituted for box squats.  Also I managed to lose a flexiband during the workout. 

-- Michael | My swing!