IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 231.  Today I actually spent more time hitting balls than I have in a bit;  a whole 15 minutes after work, 2:1 on tilt vs elbows drill.  6-iron, indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 136 (29 Oct 22) - Day did not lend itself to doing drills outside, so continued the setup and start of downswing  drill I have been working on.  Kept it in slo-mo mode going from takeaway and stopping at impact in front of mirror.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 232.  Today was a work day for me, but despite that, I took 20 minutes -- longer than I've spent hitting balls almost any other day in October -- to practice meaningfully.  I split my time 1:1 between the tilt drill and the elbows drill. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 95 (10/29/22): Whipped and jet lagged so I didn’t do my speed training. Hit balls for about 15 minutes indoors. Focusing on contact. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 137 (30 Oct 22) - worked on not firing the hips took early in the downswing today as part of the swing drill.  Worked on swinging the arms/club thru the ball while keeping hips/torso in the coiled position.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 96 (10/30/22): Two sessions each about 10 minutes. Just working on impact position, beginning with pre-set, and then trying to get there from a normal address. 

JP Bouffard

Day 233.   I did Fit for Golf Winter Strength this afternoon;  I thought I'd have time to hit balls also but I did not. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

October 30th 2022, Day 1

I did some 1/4 ish to 1/2 ish swings with wiffle balls across the living room with a 9I. The focus was swinging not hitting.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 138 (31 Oct 22) - Played 18 today with wife and grandson.  As we were playing  the most fwd tees, I only took and played the irons (5i thru SaW).  Like the challenge of irons only as I have to think about carry distance, etc on each shot.  A good workout with the irons. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 234.  It took several tries, but I managed to get five uninterrupted minutes in between Trick or Treaters.  I kept setting back up, doing a tilt drill for a ball, and then hearing the doorbell.  But I did finally get five uninterrupted minutes at one point. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 97 (10/31/22): Stack system speed training session. 

JP Bouffard

Day 139 (01 Nov 22) - two drill routines today: first was the setup / grip drill I’ve been doing - today with the PW; second was putter work with a “new to me” belly/ab putter (a NWG Ab Putter I picked up in a old bag of clubs for $10 which two Mizuno JPX 800 wedges in excellent shape, a couple of TM R580 woods, full set of SGI type Wilsons).  Worked with the long putter style swing (it’s 41-1/2” and fits pretty well in my 5’-6” frame).  Worked on lag putts, varying face contact points.  Here’s a couple pics of the putter: 

1076C6F3-061A-409F-B093-9C399391B84F.jpeg

FBBBC243-14D1-4A64-8DE1-6AE1D6BD5296.jpeg

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 1, November 1, 2022

I'm starting over. 🙂

I made swings with a HackMotion today only to realize I'm probably going to upgrade to a newer model (I have an original and an original Lite). Working on setting up the backswing and early downswing (keeping some cupping in the left wrist).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 235.  Should have been a workout day, but stayed at the office too late.  I got home and wanted the calmness of putting, so a 25-ball ruler drill I did.  On the carpet, real golf balls, over to a pillow. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 140 (02 Nov 22) - More work on the setup / grip drill with focus on the depth of shoulder turn.  Hit some hard foam balls w/PW and GW.  Finished out the day with Birdie Ball shootout with grandson into the saucer swing using wedges off the hitting mat.  Was a great way to end the drills. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 2, November 2, 2022

Hit balls after a long day downtown (but I have a new standing desk!) working on the right elbow, left wrist, and transition into the downswing. Kept balance on the balls of my feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 236.  Evening, 5-10 minutes of practice hitting quarter shots with my 58.  I focus on grip and setup;  I hit real balls, off a mat, into a net, indoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 98 (11/2/22): Yesterday was a missed day. I’ve been having some tennis elbow issues for a while and I may have to stop everything for a week or two I don’t know. Tonight I practiced about 10 minutes on shallowing in transition. I swung at maybe 70% with a 7 iron then driver. It felt absolutely great…I can continue the streak if I don’t miss any of the next 28, but I may decide to rest/rehab if it doesn’t improve with lower effort level practice. 

JP Bouffard