IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 25 (4/17): Late night putting after a meeting and a family visit, and I have a similar schedule tonight. Practice was great both for start line and distance control and continued to alternate between a double reverse overlap and the claw. Good session but I am not experiencing success on the course. Need more green time!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1: 4/18/2023

I'm back at it. I had a couple of really huge issues that totally derailed my practice. Firstly, my clubs were locked away the trunk of my car which was hanging out waiting to be worked on from the Thursday before Easter until the Wednesday after Easter. Then I had an unexpected funeral to attend and had to travel a bit. Then finally I had some work stuff that piled up. Anyhow all of that is now in the rear view mirror and I got back to the range today. 

Started off by working on my priority pieces - block practice. Then I tried to incorporate those pieces into each club as I randomly worked through the bag. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 1. Having trouble stringing days together with home projects. Did range work today all on targets. Used most clubs in the bag. Then finished with some short game work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 52 (18 Apr 23) - worked on pitches vs bump and runs today using the 50deg and 8i respectively.  Would hit the 50 to one of the pins in the yard and then work the 8i to get the ball to roll out and finish similarly.  Also began working on tone work for the core with the new elastic bands…

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 169, April 18, 2023

Hit some balls between lessons today (a cancellation). Exaggeration is okay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1: did a super speed session and some rehearsal swing work. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 31:

Continued work on downswing. Came up with a nice thought that I think helps execute the move. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 23: 17 Apr

Continuing with backswing/transition drills to improve and maintain a better clubpath. 

Day 24: 18 Apr

Played full round of golf. Some silly mistakes through a lack of concentration over a particular shot. Decision making process is improving, but need to make sure I’m identifying the best place to put the ball for my next shot - and giving myself the best opportunity to achieve that. Still need to address the open clubface at impact; it’s hurting my tee shots in particular. I think the issue is I’m opening the face at the top of the backswing possibly because I’m overswinging. Lesson tomorrow and I’ll focus on that during my daily drills.

Day 53 (19 Apr 23)  - Worked on swing mechanics using an arm band to keep arms together making short iron swings.  Also worked on not stalling the hips out in the downswing.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 2: went to the range on my lunch break. Hit about 20 balls, working on my downswing feels. Then went and putted for a bit, working on shorter putts.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2. Played 18 with my wife. It started out cold and windy and got colder and windier. Still had fun though. We were paired with a couple of nice gentleman our age.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 25: 19 Apr

Series of backswing drills both before and after golf lesson. My feeling that I’m overswinging which is opening the face (courtesy of extending my left wrist) was confirmed during the lesson. Worked on a more compact swing that still means a full turn, but the effect is to reduce my ability to overswing. It’s resulting in better ball striking, with minimal early release.

Also got a comparison with a video of my golf swing today compared with 11 months ago (in a very early lesson). It’s night and day different. Way over the top with a crazy open face. I honestly wonder how I was even hitting the ball this time last year! 

Day 27: Day 14 of Stack training and hit a personal best of 111 mph and distance potential of 310.  Good session hitting highs for each weight in all four groups.

• Administrator

Day 170, April 19, 2023

Hit balls in the GEARS area after an appointment and before a good afternoon of GEARS lessons. Feeling some good "active" use of the arms.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 32:

Did some short game practice, and a bit of indoor putting. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I played 9 holes yesterday. But I didn't post. So, I'm starting over yet again.

Day 1: 4/20/2023

Went to the outdoor range today and spent 20 balls working on my priority piece with a 6 iron. = Block practice. 

Then I spent about 1/2 hour hitting different tee-shots. Mostly with the driver, but also with 3-wood, 5-wood, hybrid and 5 iron. Using the different targets on the range I hit imaginary tee shiots trying to be as hard on myself as possible. Sometimes water (imaginary) on the left, sometimes water on the right, sometimes OB on the right, sometimes on the left. Etc... 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 54 (20 Apr 23) - Worked on pitches with the SW playing out varied distances and lies.  Focused on keeping my head down, was starting to "look up" before the ball left.  Once I settled down, ball striking stayed consistent and distances easier to control. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star