IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7, August 12th, 2023

Played in a scramble. Tried to keep the swing shorter. Hit the driver well all day.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 12 - About 5-minutes of practicing my putter setup. All-in-All, my putting has been pretty poor this year, so I decided to really breakdown what I am doing and work on the details. Among other things, I have switched to a left-hand low grip because it levels my shoulders and keeps them parallel to the line, whereas I have noticed a tendency to get open with a reverse overlap grip. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 105 - Played 18 holes.

Good - 4 birdies, 5 drives of 290+, 13 GIR. Driver was phenomenal, gained +2.40 strokes off the tee compared to scratch.

Bad - Hit really poor chip shots when I missed the green. Uncommitted on trajectory and landing spots.

Also missed the green on approach shots multiple times with LW or SW in my hand. (60yd, 75yd, 113yd shots)

Need to accept that even from 60-70yds leaving it 20 feet is a good shot sometimes based on the lie and the flag

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator

Day 285, August 12, 2023

Worked in the mirror of a hotel room while trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to buy a GCQuad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 57: Aug 12

Continued working on clubpath by hitting 3/4 shots into a net, focusing on my feel of “right elbow rubbing my side through impact” and keeping forward lean/ straight arms through impact. Then spent time practicing chips and short pitch shots.

Day 13 - 

Putting: about 10 minutes on setup and start line gate drill

Finished Super Speed Level 2 today. Moving on to once/week drills for maintenance. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 8, August 13th, 2023

Worked on short game and putting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 53 (13 Aug 23) - A casual Sunday afternoon round with son and grandson.  Worked on the approach game focusing on solid irons.  More work to be done, stats slowly improving…

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 106 - Chipped and Putted for a while.

Found some really good feels for both today, pleased with the progress. Holed 10 consecutive 7 footers twice to two different holes once I finally got a consistent feel down in my setup.

Went back to basics with chipping. I realized yesterday I didn't need to hit everything as high as I had been just because I know how to. Medium and low trajectory are the plays far more often than not. Even to some targets today where I thought I was "short-sided", I didn't need to flop it, just a stock medium trajectory shot was perfectly fine. 

Day 27: busy day so only some mirror work. Working on backswing feels. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 58: Aug 13

Lesson followed by range time. Clubpath remains in a decent place - I still have to keep drilling the feel I’ve got to make sure it starts to stick. But it’s in a good place.

Also looked at driver, something I’ve been staying away from to a point. Setup is fine, clubpath is a little out-to-in…but it’s playable and more practice will/should continue to improve that. But it’s clear that my ~18 y/o driver is ready for replacement; a 2nd hand G425 that was available had an average carry that matched my best carry with my current/old driver. So a proper fitting (scheduled for next week) should create better results.

Day 14 - More putting start line drill practice, followed by hitting short pitch shot in the yard at a target about 20-feet away. 

Day 9, August 14th, 2023

Thought the weather was going to be crap today, so did some indoor backswing practice. Weather actually wasn't to bad. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 54 (14 Aug 23) - Spent time on engaging the bounce with the 54.  Weather of late has been humid, hot and dry, makes for a harder pan, less dense grass to work with.  Kinda like hitting from the tough areas of my local course.  Like the challenges of less than perfect terrain.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 286, August 13, 2023

Went to the range with @DrizZzY for about two hours. Hands up and out, throw it down and away.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 107 - The Stack session

Day 28: did a stack session and worked on slow motion swings during rest breaks. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 59: Aug 14

Hit a bunch of 3/4 shots into a net, focusing on my feels that seem to promote a neutral clubpath (right elbow rubbing my side through impact). Also concentrating on maintaining forward-lean through impact.

When I got bored…switched to short game chipping/short pitching practice. Bounced between the two practices until it got dark.