IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 70. Played 9 at Grand Niagara. Very very windy day, but I hit the ball well for me. The wind did help me hit my longest drive ever at 282y and I did make a birdie on a par 5. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Day 148: 5/23/24

Hit balls on the range measuring ball speed for each club. Recently watched a fitting video where the fitter said he targeted 5 mph ball speed increase for each club.  Mine weren’t quite there. 4 and 5 mph were pretty similar except for 1 ball. Big jump for hybrid, bigger jump for 4-hybrid, and huge change for driver. Swung for the fences with driver and hit them all pretty straight at the end of my session. Several at 111 mph, which is above my normal speed.

Finished with chipping release 1 with several clubs.  Good session!

Edited by Clemsonfan
Wrong date

• Administrator

Day 568, May 23, 2024

Loooooooong day today. Got some shadow work done with an umbrella.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 41:

Pitching/chipping into the net. A few full swings with driver hitting Almost Golf balls.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 22 (23 May 24) / played the weekly nine-hole semi-scramble with the guys.  Solid play - primary focus was on making solid contact with the irons. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 318: did a stack session. Worked on some slow rehearsal swings in rest breaks.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Shoot, forgot to post for day 20:  hit a couple of buckets at the range just focusing on form.  

Day 21:  putting practice in the garage gaging my speed/distance. 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 71. Worked on technique into the net for a while with a lot of slow rehearsals. Something about my indoor setup is in my head and I’m not swinging well. My takeaway and backswing are off and for some reason I’m opening the face. worked on getting that under control and things settle down from there.  

Day 149: 5/24/24

Hard workout with weights today and could not certify a Stack warmup. Chipped and putted in lieu of Stack training.

Day 23 (24 May 24) -  played Minnesott w/son, niece and her husband.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 319: played a 9 hole par 3 course with my son. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 6 - Hit irons on a net, same focus points.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Day 42:

Started with some block practice using 7-iron, but kind of lost my feel and stopped when I ricocheted a ball off the post of my net that went straight up into the air and splashed down into the city pool (empty) next door. Went inside and did a bunch of rehearsals using the patio door mirror seeing if I could find a new thought or feel for what I'm working on. Nothing seemed to click, so I ate dinner and then helped my son with his baseball swing drills. What he is working on gave me a little ah-ah moment, so afterward did some more rehearsals and think I came up with something that might work, but it's too dark to hit balls now.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 72. Spent a long time hitting balls into the net working on a left wrist bowed at impact. Playing around with grip, backswing, and feelings to get it there. My hands hurt 🙂

Day 7 - No golf club, but I practiced a bit with a pipe. Setup, getting a feel for the new grip, some short chip-ish swings.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Day 570, May 25, 2024

Worked downtown for 30 minutes feeling the pause and throw from the top that had me hitting such good hybrids the other day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets