IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 2:

Played 18, scored 83 (38/45). Solid first 9, then not so great on back 9 where I had some good swings, but not good results (eg bad club choice) and a couple terrible putting holes, including putting off the green from 25 feet.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 11: played 18. Shot a 76, +5. No sixes. Very pleased with the round.Β 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 633, July 28, 2024

Went downtown to practice for a littleΒ under two hours. First goal was to measure setup, top, and impact with the HackMotion. Good numbers (flexion/extension) for me are +45 at setup, +15 to +20 at the top, and about 0 to +5 at impact.

I found the pattern there (and that I could overdo the top), and that I had to do aΒ littleΒ on the initial part of the downswing to not block it way right (I'd experiment with that a bit throughout the day), and hit some pretty good shots at the end with what felt like 2/3 swings, some even incorporating a little pause. Hit 96 MPH with the 6I a few times, and was living in the 95 range for the last 20 swings or so. All felt like less effort than even a few days ago.

Β 

Β 

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 87 (28 Jul 24)Β -Β Β Divot board, 6i, hard foam balls - worked smoothing swing tempo. Β Used the phrase β€œnow - is - the - time” to work on getting a 3:1 feel backswing to downswing with β€œtime” being the word at impact and β€œthe” being the top of the backswing.Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 4: Β Played 9 even though I wasn’t feeling well. Β By hole 5 I had no energy left but I still finished with 6 over my lowest from yesterday.Β 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers.Β 

• Administrator

Day 634, July 29, 2024

Played parts of 18 holes (had to skip a guy watering fairways twice), then went downtown to hit balls and work on things for about an hour. Maybe a bit more.

Birdied #1 today, so that's good.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 24, weather kind-of crappy all day. Did some indoor slow swing work.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Day 88 (29 Jul 24) -Β Simple drills today with mid-irons - worked on tempo with the mid-irons and hard foam balls.Β  Focused on getting back into a flow with the shot process, last couple of sessions has been a struggle - more of falling back into old swing patterns (part of it may be the soreness in the right knee, coupled with a tender left foot - feels like the body is going into prevent mode of late).Β Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 12: did a stack session.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 5: Β Still not feeling 100% so just a little putting in the garage. Β 

Day 6: Β Hit a couple buckets with my 3w and 5h and I just can’t seem to get them down consistently. Β 

Day 3:

Lesson yesterday that I forgot to post about. Take homes - (1) work on centered turn because I was swaying upper body too far away from target, (2) new downswing feels, clubhead down below knees fast, hips slide forward and feel is trail ear drops as if I am trying to look at bottom of ball

Today worked on new stuff from lesson.

First, more centered turn on backswing. It feels like I am stacking on lead side, but real is that I still flow away from target, just not 4-5 inches like before. Worked on centered turn piece for about 10 minutes with mirrorvision.

Next, downswing work. Started by making a centered turn. Then clubhead down/slide hips/"dip" ear, and pause at club parallel, then try to hit the ball by just turning hard through impact.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 635, July 30, 2024

Practiced for an hour after several lessons. Made swings that got to about P3, and then generated as much speed as I could from there. Broke 90 MPH almost every swing, often with ball speeds of 125+. More downward, higher smash factor. Some WAY right because that doesn't give me time to do the wrist thing I normally over-do slightly, but just having myself do that a little straightened those out.

Felt good. Follow-through was obnoxiously short. Like, insultingly short for a ball that flies 185 with a traditionally lofted 6I.

Day 89 (30 Jul 24) Β -Β - played the weekly 9 hole round with my good friend, with a slight twist for me as I played up as set of tees (where he plays) with a 10 club bag setup: 3wHL (17 deg), 3h (20.5 deg), 4-Sw (TA 845s Silver Scots (late 80’s). Β Had a blast, almost drove the green on 8, had a couple of birdies and several pars. Β Biggest issue was the greens had been sanded so holding the greens was tough. Β Still fun, shooting a laid back 40. Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star