IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 39 - February 7, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Worked from home today swinging back to the top reasonably fast, to early transition and early downswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 66

Didn’t have much spare time today so just did a few reps of the Planemate advanced protocol 3, and a little indoor putting. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 29, February 7 2020.  I missed yesterday, first miss this batch.

Today was 25 putts over a ruler (on carpet), missed 5 right.  Way too high a miss rate. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 40 - February 8, 2020

Only had time to hit nine balls, but I gave them a little time.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 67

Lesson today so just a short warmup with the Planemate before driving to the teaching facility.

-Peter

Day 30.  February 8 2020.  10 minutes indoor swings.  5 in practice mode, 5 in "hit for real" mode since I'm playing tomorrow.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net;  whiffle and plush balls (I prefer the plush ones, maybe I should go buy more). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 33

Focus in full swings with the hybrids.  Both were fine off of tee and turf. 5h was better than 4h in terms of expected distance. Still need to focus to keep the fade from going too broad.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 41 - February 9, 2020

Ten full swings, a few putts, a few chips. Really felt the "drop" from A4 and a slower backswing. Hitting the ball pretty well right now. Will get something FO on film soon as launch angles seem high, but they were really high last year when I was playing really well, too.

Day 68

Some driver practice working on feeling like weight stays on my back foot through impact. Hit 15 balls with this drill/feel. 

Also did some work with irons on not rushing into transition. So added a distinct pause at end of backswing before starting down swing.  Hit another 15 with this drill/feel. 

-Peter

Day 34

Did the hybrids for 30 minutes again. Did better on distance and loft again.  better because I concentrated on pre-swing matters.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 31, February 9 2020.  Played 18 today with Lihu, course I hadn't played before.  I didn't play well, but did hit a mere 3 GIR and did make a chip-in birdie.  I'll add up my score and post my game-golf later, right now I feel dehydrated. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 69

Some more of the same driver drill, feeling like I’m staying behind the ball on my trail foot. Swung at what felt like 50% speed. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 42 - February 10, 2020

Just time to hit about 15 balls after a lesson today, but it took 15 minutes, so it's not THAT short of a time period.

2/11/20 - Day 1

first time posting in a while but I’ve recently started getting back into the swing of things 🙄

Today, I worked on bead with 4-6’ putts in the office between patients with great success which I’m positive will directly equate on-course performance 😏

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 43 - February 11, 2020

Busy day today so just putting in the living room while watching the Pens game. Assembled my ClicGear 4 cart.

Practiced putting 

3- 4 ' Pop & Stop .

Made em all .

Also full swings w yellow training aid . Have a cross duck tape so listening for that tic sound ...not hitting down too much...but w a neutral shaft grazing the tape 

Very pleased..

Going to apply it tomorrow in a scramble format in Az.

Day 70

Worked with 7-iron today, doing a drill to add a pause at top of backswing, to not rush into downswing. Did it with 20 balls. 

Then more of the same driver work from the last 2 days. 

-Peter

53 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Day 70

Worked with 7-iron today, doing a drill to add a pause at top of backswing, to not rush into downswing. Did it with 20 balls. 

Then more of the same driver work from the last 2 days. 

Yes the pause works great