IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7 - Played 9. Putting was garbage, short game was inconsistent, driver was off. Scorecard was mostly pars and doubles, not ideal. Scramble tomorrow morning, hope I can be our “safe drive” guy. Not sure after today...

Day 26

Managed to get in a 10 minute practice this morning. Did 50% swings focusing solely on an exagerated feel at the start of the downswing to get the club more on plane. It looked great on film. The plan is to repeat this for a few days and then slowly up the speed to see if I can get it to stick in my full swing. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 251 - Sept 4, 2020

Played nine holes at Whispering Woods. Shot… 35? 34? I haven't done the GAME GOLF yet. I bogeyed 6, had at least two birdies. Probably 35.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 42

Great range session.  Focused on PW, 48*, 52* & 56* wedges. All at full swing then half swing with each. Finished with PW using putter swing for pitching.

Then I went to the launch monitor and hit my 5 wood and Driver.  The Driver is getting more and more consistent. 

Day 43

I played 18 tonight with my Wife.  Frustrating round.  Five 3 putts, granted the greens were aerated but still, five 2 putts.  

I posted Day 42 yesterday.  I don't know why it didn't post, 

Edited by djake

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 78.  Speed sticks, protocol one, didn't do particularly great. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 268

Worked on my priority piece again. Started with half swings with a 7-iron, and then moved ahead with full swings, with a variety of clubs. Driver, 3W, 5-iron, 7-iron, and PW, hitting about 10 balls with each. I tried a swing thought of "noodle arms" because I think I sometimes get too much tension into my forearms and wrists. The thought seemed to be effective during practice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 27

repeat of yesterday’s practice. Posting a short clip of it to my swing thread because I’m loving what I see and want to make sure others agree before I go down the wrong path. Check it out. Feedback appreciated. 

Day 34:  Played 18 holes.  Did some things well, most things not so well, and a few things dreadfully.  Also worked on some 25+ foot putts on the practice green.

• Administrator

Day 252 - Sept 5, 2020

Hit about 30 balls off the back of the range. More ascent, more arm freedom, and that helps take care of a lot.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44

Played 18 overall I hit the ball very well.  Scoring is starting to come arround.  

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

Day 79.  Did my usual "I have only the time to do five minutes of practice, but I am going to do five minutes" routine.  A few swings, no club, near a wall to establish how I turn, then a few swings on a mat, then a ball, then a few more swings, then a ball, and then repeat again.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 269

Played 18 today. Started 2 hours later than usual (8:30am) so warmed up at home with 9-3 swings focusing on priority piece. Got to the course and just focused on “noodle arms” and trying to swing without technical thoughts. It was almost 90 degrees by 10am, and 95 degrees when I finished. Ran out of water on the 11th hole and had some nasty blisters on my heels/achilles area, I suppose from sweating more than normal. It was good practice in focus and perseverence.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 28

Played 18 at Edgewater in Lancaster, SC. Very erratic round but I could see some improvement from the work I’ve been doing. Short game was horrible but I expected that since I’ve been doing nothing but full swing work for a month. I seem to have gained a club length back that I had lost but I am still really struggling with the longer irons. Hybrid was improved. 3W was a disaster. Driver was much improved. 

• Administrator

Day 253 - Sept 6, 2020

Hit 20-25 balls downtown after lessons. Then got a call from a student/player on my college team and had to handle that. But the 20 balls went pretty well. Hands go out and shaft feels like \.

Day 45

Working on Mom's house so little time play golf.  Got 10 minutes of swing drill of throwing the ball to continue to stop that over the top swing.  It has been working as my consistency on the course has really improved.  I have not been cutting the ball and hitting it very straight.

Edited by djake

- Dean