IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Is there one or two main things you use it for?  I don’t know a ton about it but from looking at the site I’m still a little confused.  

Putting stuff, mostly. I'll start a new topic on it now.

Look in Swing Thoughts in a little while.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 15 December 18.  Cold and windy out today... so stuck in the house.  Well I could have worn winter clothes, and gloves and tried to play/practice.  Instead a 60 minute coaching session with my Mental Coach -- doing some goal mapping for next year.  Then continued the work for awhile.  Finally pulled out my putter.. and putted on the 4 foot ruler for 10 minutes.

Day 4.  Hit a few of the new wedges and some mirror work on same priority.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Day 370

Superspeed workout and then some tempo drills. I really need to work on tempo. I think something tempo related will be my swing thought when I play tomorrow.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 67: worked on my drill for a few minutes then applied it to chips with my 60 degree lob wedge. Hit indoors. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 371

Played 18 today. Very sore from a workout yesterday, so had trouble making a full turn, so ball striking was pretty dismal. Worked on tempo most of the round. Will probably do some tempo and backswing practice later today to, if advil helps with the muscle soreness.

-Peter

DAY 16  December 19   I am on Day 4 of the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge.  I did 23 different drills focusing on improving clubface awareness and the swing motion.  In addition I continue to hit 3 balls with the Swingwyde attached to a 3 wood.  Working on insuring I take a more complete backswing and stay on plane on the follow-through.  In addition I spent an hour on the putting green with one short putt drill (3-4 feet) and two longer putt drills (from 20-70 feet).  Total time today was 4 1/2 hours.

• Administrator

Day 355 - December 19, 2020

Backswing work, same as the last month.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5.  Slow mo swings checking club outside hands at p2 and more vertical at p3

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Day 12 - Spent a good amount of time doing my step drill, focusing on the club at A2/A3, and then focusing on my hips at impact. Filmed some with MirrorVision, but didn't get the face-on view for Evolvr. I'll try to film those tomorrow or Monday.

DAY 17 December 20   I worked through 31 different drills in the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge.  This is my fifth day working through these drills... I am estimating it will take 50 days to accomplish it... since the program is designed around 6-8 hours a day, and I am only doing about four plus.

Each drill required practice swings and hitting 8 balls.  So I hit 248 balls today over an almost 5 hour time on the range.  The positive part is that I am noticing improvements in my ability to execute some drills more successfully.  And I am even more committed to making it through this program, since I find it easy to get distracted with other drills, tips, etc. etc.  Discipline is important in achieving the goal. 

Day 68: Did chips in the basement then later on went out and worked on my new drill. Finished with SuperSpeed training.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 356 - December 20, 2020

Worked on the backswing. Am feeling like it's pretty good to about A3 or so, so I'll probably finish out the month on this and then move on to the A3-A4 stuff.

Day 372

Did takeaway/backswing mirror practice. Then hit some balls with 7-iron. 

-Peter

Day 6.  Putting lag practice indoors and a little backswing work in a mirror and submitted a fresh video to evolvr instructor.  

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator

Day 357 - December 21, 2020

Big cleanup day in the home office, so just some putting work with my Blast sensor.