IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

1 hour ago, HankBlue said:

I prefer these Almost Golf Balls for my practice.  They're like actual golf balls but 1/3 distance. 😎

AlmostGolfBalls.jpg

Seen them never tried them…do like the Go Sports Foam Flight balls….work pretty well. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 31:

Late Nite Indoor Range Session: "3 Consecutive Good Swings" with every club in the bag (60 min).  Really hitting well tonight, especially the irons. 😎

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 225.  Same as yesterday:  after work, I hit punch shots (5-iron, indoors, off a mat, real balls, into a net) and then did chip shots with the 54.  Five minutes each.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 106 (12 Oct 21) - played 9 today, as I had a narrow window of time in which to play.  Was pretty deserted so I was able to take my time and work on shot options, for example - sitting about 50yds out do I use the 54 to flight it on or the 8i to bump and run.  Made for some interesting shots and great learning.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 352: Range work today working on my PP and setup/alignment. Also did short game work. 

Did Fit for Golf in the afternoon.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 32:

Indoor range session: Focus on 💥 distance/power 💥 in preparation for tomorrow's 18.

Day 73:

No work with ball today - just did backswing practice and worked on downswing feels/concepts indoors with LVP camera. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 226.  I managed a break late morning, earlier today, to continue my 5 minutes of punch shots and 5 minutes of quarter and eighth chip shots.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 353: Played 18 walking today. I wasn’t particularly good off the tee, but made good approach shot and my short game was good.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3114858

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 107 (13 Oct 21) - Got in 9 today with son and grandson.  Worked on the approach game as my tracking data shows I am consistently short of green.  Purposed to club up from what I thought it should require. Had more GIR and nGIR in the round.  Proved I really need to work on truly learning my distances. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 74:

Started off with some backswing practice indoors with LVP camera. No ball, just working on shoulder turn, and getting depth by turning shoulders and not moving arms excessively (lead arm adduction). Also noticed something totally off about my right hand grip, which I worked on correcting, might post this in my swing thread later as a reminder to not be such a dummy. 

-Peter

Day 227.  I got home at about 10pm and spent 5 minutes hitting punch shots with my 5-iron (the usual).  I wanted to spend more, but I am exhausted right now. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 108 (14 Oct 21) - Played 18 with the minister from my church.  We opted to be the first out at 7:30 this morning, dew was heavy last night, real heavy.  We are talking rooster tail heavy.  Long story short, today was a lesson on dealing with soggy greens, little to no roll out off the carry, etc.  Forced me to club up where possible to maximize carry as I knew bounce and roll-out were not my friend.  As such several swings were the old "I've got to kill it to get it over there" mentality, had to force myself to step back on several occasions and say, "see it, feel it, trust it."  Definitely a great lesson on adjusting the game to fit the conditions.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 354: Rest day today. I’ve been grinding pretty hard lately. Did do a bit of chipping and pitching in the basement and worked on putting rhythm.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 75:

Continued to work on backswing with LVP camera indoors with a 9-iron, and then moved outside while there was still a bit of light to do some downswing practice. Worked more on trail hand grip correction I identified the other day while doing this. I have an on again-off again struggle with flipping and the grip correction seems to have quieted the issue, but now that I have a more robust/firm grip, I definitely need to focus on face control more intently since I am not flipping the face closed through impact. Hit some balls with 8-iron; go to the top of backswing, do a palmar flexion rehearsal to delivery position, and then going back to the top and making a swing. Then hit some (almost golf) balls with driver doing the same thing. With both clubs, contact moved away from heel to center-face/toe-ish, but well within my 10 handicap sweet spot.

-Peter

Day 228.  This evening, when I had a small amount of time to do some practice, I was not in the mood to hit golf balls.  Nothing bad, just didn't feel like it today.  So I did the snapping sticks drill from the quarantine set (alignment stick + 6-iron).  I think I felt it more than I felt my workout from earlier in the day (and I think that's a good thing for the drill?)

-- Michael | My swing! 

DAY 33: Played my first USGA-18.

DAY 34: Orange Whip Trainer (15 min).

Day 355: Played 18 again today. Driver was better, putting excellent.

Scott

My Swing Thread