IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 38: Back is acting up a bit, so I just putted on my mat for a while. Same stuff - set up and stroke stuff. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 48 - Chipping and pitching practice in the yard today with my 54* wedge. Trackman session planned for tomorrow. Friday is supposed to be 56*, so hopefully I can get in 9-holes. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 48. I figured out what was hurting my wrist and can correct that now. I did SuperSpeed Squeeze training today before a Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 2 (8 Feb 23) - Practiced some wedge shots with the 52 in the backyard.  Focused on hitting from specific distances  from 5yds up to around 30yds.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 69: 2/8/2023

First thing this morning I was in the garage net working on my priority pieces. I decided to do something just a little differently. I did blocked practice where I'd hit 5-6 balls working on just one thing. Then 5-6 balls just working on another pieces. Rinse and repeat. But today I did all of my block practice with a 5-wood. Normally it's a 7 or 6 iron, so I thought I'd shake things up bay doing the block practice with a fairway wood. 

I also got in 15 minutes of putting practice. 3 five minute sessions. First, putting mirror for a 8 footer. Second, the gate drill. Third more bead work with the Perfect Putt Trainer. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 39: Mirror work today. Still ingraining the backswing stuff. 

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 100, February 8, 2023

Got in about eight to ten minutes downtown. Wish it was more but I'm going to get in some good time tomorrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4 (9 Feb 23) - played 18 at Minnesott (weather in the 70’s) - focused on setup keys I’ve been working on.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 49: just a few minutes of indoor work. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 49 - Good Trackman session today!

1) Was able to determine the optimum setting for my Ping G400 Max driver (small -).

2) Practiced 35 and 50 yard pitch shots

3) Tested which 49* wedge worked best for me. 

4) Determined where I have more work to do. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 101, February 9, 2023

Got a little time in before my first lesson today. Tomorrow, a good amount of time. No lessons scheduled, nor am I taking any. Today's booked late and moved around.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 70: 2/9/2023

First thing this morning I was in the garage net working on my priority pieces. I did blocked practice where I'd hit 5-6 balls working on just one thing. Then 5-6 balls just working on another pieces. Rinse and repeat. But today I did all of my block practice switching between a 9 iron, a 3 wood and my new gap wedge. Again, normally I do my blocked practice with a 7 or 6 iron, so I feel like doing it this way adds a bit of random practice to my block practice. 

I also got in some more putting practice with the putting mirror. 

Day 40: Mirror work today. Still on the backswing.

-- Daniel

Day 50 - Block practice today on chip and run shots in the yard. About 10 shots each with my PW, 59* and 54* wedges.

Day 41: Range session! Hit balls for about 30 minutes. Did about 15 minutes of block practice on my backswing pieces, and then the rest of the time hit some longer clubs. Tried out a Callaway UW I bought, and it's definitely going into the bag right away.

-- Daniel

Day 4 (10 Feb 23) - Did a version of the putting gate drill.  Set up two 1 X 3 blocks (about 5” long) the width of the putter head apart and another two of the same blocks about 6ft away also set the width of the putter head (Odyssey Versa) the goal was threefold - (1) make the stroke and not hit the gates, (2) roll the ball through the opposing gate and (3) control pace to where the ball finished less than 18” past.  Bonus given if I stacked them in a line.  The carpet I roll on is pretty fast so pacing the stroke was premium.  Accuracy hovered around 4 of 6 to begin, moved into 5.5 of 6 (seemed to catch a leaker right or left).   Last few sets was settling into 6 for 6 and had 5stack (nice neat line) and a 4stack. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 71: 2/10/2023

I worked on my priority pieces in the garage net first thing this morning. Today I used the 5 iron and the 8 iron, switching back and forth to add an element of random practice. 

I got my over-speed training in today. I'm really hit or miss on that. Need to get more consistent at doing that. 

Spent 10-15 minutes with the perfect putt trainer. 

• Administrator

Day 102, February 10, 2023

Hit 36 balls, still focusing on the backswing. Feeling pretty good about it. Started to do some downswing stuff, because I could make a slow backswing and still make a good downswing with a little attention.