IGNORED

JPX900 Hot Metal Corrosion

Gibby26
Note: This thread is 2246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last week i purchased a set of JPX900's. First outing yesterday and to my horror the pitching wedge is already showing corrosion on ball scratches after 1 round, 1 round!!!. This surely cannot be normal as i've never seen it in all my years of owning Ping irons. Ive cleaned them an lubricated but seriously concerned on this. Does any one have a similar experience.

5 hours ago, Gibby26 said:

Last week i purchased a set of JPX900's. First outing yesterday and to my horror the pitching wedge is already showing corrosion on ball scratches after 1 round, 1 round!!!. This surely cannot be normal as i've never seen it in all my years of owning Ping irons. Ive cleaned them an lubricated but seriously concerned on this. Does any one have a similar experience.

Do you have pictures you can share with us? It does not seem normal.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are made of Chromoly steel, which will rust if exposed. but usually they will have a coating that prevents that.

JPX900

Did you get them on-line or at a shop?

Scott

My Swing Thread

14 minutes ago, Gibby26 said:

Going back to Mizuno for assessment 

Let us know what happens. Could be a faulty coating layer.

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Gibby26 said:

Should have a response on Friday, hopefully!

No reply yet however.....

the 9 iron is now showing the same issue (as attached). I can’t be the only one with this issue, can I?!?!?

8F4E7D6D-1C11-4025-AB7A-C53DC00C47F0.jpeg

That's pretty bad. That club has barely been hit. They're not fakes, right?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 2/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, Gibby26 said:

Where did you buy them?

Trollin' is the life

We have a result. Despite the fact that the clubs are corroding after one round they are not under warranty. The suggestion is that this is down to the lack of care in not keeping the clubs clean and dry even though in both cases the clubs were cleaned and lubricated as recommended. Playing in the dry and tucking them up in bed seems the only answer. Very disappointed at Mizuno response and I would not recommend a Mizuno product to anyone. I’m fortunate that I can take back to AG within 30 days but if I’d purchased elsewhere I would have had no options albeit you could purse something under the Sale of Goods act. Either way, don’t buy!

4 minutes ago, Gibby26 said:

We have a result. Despite the fact that the clubs are corroding after one round they are not under warranty. The suggestion is that this is down to the lack of care in not keeping the clubs clean and dry even though in both cases the clubs were cleaned and lubricated as recommended. Playing in the dry and tucking them up in bed seems the only answer. Very disappointed at Mizuno response and I would not recommend a Mizuno product to anyone. I’m fortunate that I can take back to AG within 30 days but if I’d purchased elsewhere I would have had no options albeit you could purse something under the Sale of Goods act. Either way, don’t buy!

That is disappointing. I thought Mizuno was better than that.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Clearly not. I’ve been a Ping person for many years and for me there’s the differentiating factor. It’s called customer service. I suspect that there’s an underlying issue on corrosion and admission may mean opening the floodgates. That’s pure speculation but I suspect somethings not right. I would not recommend anyone purchases the JPX900 Hot Metal clubs. I may end up back at Ping. 

13 hours ago, Gibby26 said:

That is why I play PING. I used to play Mizuno too. I also like that the factory is Phoenix and they repair (minimal cost)or do adjustments/fittings for free.

Trollin' is the life

9 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

That is why I play PING. I used to play Mizuno too. I also like that the factory is Phoenix and they repair (minimal cost)or do adjustments/fittings for free.

Played Ping since 1986, and customer service has always been great. I will never consider Mizuno after reading this. I once cracked a TaylorMade driver that was out of warranty, and they replaced it for free.

Note: This thread is 2246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!