IGNORED

My Swing (efdeel74)

efdeel74
Note: This thread is 1484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: first swing : 9 years ago (not continously). Playing in golf course for 1 year and 4 months.

My current handicap index or average score is: 99
My typical ball flight is: straight
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: scoring game : (1) chipping n pitching distance. (2) putting

Slow motion Videos: 

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

My self taught Swing Theard : My Swing (efdeel74)

(edited)

I'll put another video later.

If able, I'll put my chipping, pitching n putting videos too.

I have a dream some day I can train "street children" to play golf for free.

Edited by efdeel74

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

(edited)

my slow motion swing,

if bitcoin hit 30k i might play more often :)

Edited by iacas
Embedded video

Looking at this as a "second pair of eyes" sort of thing i think what a lot of the guys, especially the low handicap players would agree with is that you look very flat footed on the trail side. Try to get the weight forward during the swing so you end up with most on the front fot and the trail foot on its toes.

As a guy with bad knees seeing someone hit hard while not letting the trail foot move makes my knees hurt :-D.

Also not a lot of wrist hinge. check out the video below. Its graves golf but shows Moe swinging with good views of his wrist action and footwork (2.07 in)

Also if you're dead set on Single Axis/Moe Norman then Kirk Junge does his own version.

Doesn't matter how you swing as long as it helps you enjoy the game.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not qualified to comment on your swing, but I'd suggest you get new video from better camera positions.  Check here:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

to understand the camera position that gives the experts the information they need to get you the best possible advice.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

(edited)
On 3/14/2018 at 10:56 PM, RussUK said:

Looking at this as a "second pair of eyes" sort of thing i think what a lot of the guys, especially the low handicap players would agree with is that you look very flat footed on the trail side. Try to get the weight forward during the swing so you end up with most on the front fot and the trail foot on its toes.

As a guy with bad knees seeing someone hit hard while not letting the trail foot move makes my knees hurt :-D.

Also not a lot of wrist hinge. check out the video below. Its graves golf but shows Moe swinging with good views of his wrist action and footwork (2.07 in)

Also if you're dead set on Single Axis/Moe Norman then Kirk Junge does his own version.

Doesn't matter how you swing as long as it helps you enjoy the game.

Thanks RussUK for the input,

yes, I aware of that I lack of weight forward when swinging........this is my FIRST home work. (this on is a MUST).

Wrist hinge, or lag......will be my next home work. (It could be optional, but lag are good for distance).

Edited by efdeel74

On 3/9/2018 at 4:46 PM, efdeel74 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: first swing : 9 years ago (not continously). Playing in golf course for 1 year and 4 months.

My current handicap index or average score is: 99
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: scoring game : (1) chipping n pitching distance. (2) putting

Slow motion Videos: 

I’m no expert, first glance looks like your rotation is minimal both on your back swing and your follow through, look pretty stiff.

We’re all a work in progress that’s why we’re on this dang site. 

to improve my swing, to be more like Moe Norman (it will never be the same, just similar)....I need :

1. havier clubs

2. bigger grip

If I got some spare money, I mighy upgrade in future. either next project gol or bitcoin hit 30k. :D

6 hours ago, efdeel74 said:

to improve my swing, to be more like Moe Norman (it will never be the same, just similar)....I need :

1. havier clubs

2. bigger grip

If I got some spare money, I mighy upgrade in future. either next project gol or bitcoin hit 30k. :D

I think providing your clubs fit you ok you should be ok without having to go full Moe club spec. Check Kirk Junge, he swings in a similar way and says you dont need to change your clubs.

All good swings share the same things in common regardless of whether its a single axis or 2 plane swing. Check out the 5 simple keys thread as this should help you.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Sorry the video is only ball flight not my swing, since it was my first day with the "right" Moe Norman's swing...so I just want to enjoy the eureka moment first (not thinking about video shot angle etc.), and I think the best part of Moe Norman's swing is the ball flight.

I will update my swing in the next video.

I hope I can break 90 with this swing in my next game.

My biggest hazard in golf is not sand, not water but.....cash 😄

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 years (on and off)
My current handicap index or average score is: 100
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: topping

Videos: 

Edited by efdeel74

(edited)
On 3/19/2018 at 3:59 PM, RussUK said:

I think providing your clubs fit you ok you should be ok without having to go full Moe club spec. Check Kirk Junge, he swings in a similar way and says you dont need to change your clubs.

All good swings share the same things in common regardless of whether its a single axis or 2 plane swing. Check out the 5 simple keys thread as this should help you.

Thank you RussUK, I have watched Kirk Junge and Graves videos, and last week just found eureka moment with it (video in upper post).

Edited by efdeel74

• 2 weeks later...

Updated....still forget some points, will better next time

WILL NOT GO HOME TIL BALL FLIGHT WAS DEAD STRAIGHT

Updated my swing progress...still need improvement

Updated, why always have somethings to be fixed...

1. I shouldn't lift my (left) feet at impact.

2. Keep my balance.

3. No chicken wing (thanks to Backyard Golfer) I think I can fix that all three with one stone: create some lag in my back swing.

Finally, I think I've got my final swing, yes it inspired by Moe Norman swing.

More consistant and more accurate ball flight.

Will update the full swing video at next range session, meanwhile watch this pitching indoor video:

Edited by efdeel74

• 1 month later...

My LATEST swing in slow motion:

Edited by efdeel74

Pitch shot shot practice at my back yard against concrete wall:

I could hurt my self this time....but the positive thing is: I could hit thousand balls a day like Moe...if I have time.

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!