IGNORED

Brand New Wilson 1982 Fluid Feel Irons

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a set of New Wilson Staff Fluid Feel Irons. 3-PW. Steel Stiff shafts. They are still Brand New and have never been used. In original Trophy Case. Wilson made 100 commemorative sets I believe. Anyone have an idea where I can get a value for them?

• Administrator

Look on eBay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/15/2018 at 7:48 PM, jophab said:

I have a set of New Wilson Staff Fluid Feel Irons. 3-PW. Steel Stiff shafts. They are still Brand New and have never been used. In original Trophy Case. Wilson made 100 commemorative sets I believe. Anyone have an idea where I can get a value for them?

You could get them appraised. Are you looking to insure them or sell them?

On 3/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, iacas said:

Look on eBay.

Erik, I'm not exactly positive he might find anything on eBay. Especially considering that he's describing a commemorative set. People who have these usually sell them through an auction house. Or if they sell them on eBay they go for big big bucks.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Thx Erik. Ebay has nothing even close as these are brand new clubs. Trying to determine value as I think I want to sell them so they get used by someone who would appreciate them. I used Wilson Fluid Feel's ( used set) when I started to golf and was learning the game. Bought them in case someday I had a son who golfed ( LOL Had twin daughters). Hopefully they end up with a golfer who would use them.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, iacas said:

Look on eBay.

13 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Erik, I'm not exactly positive he might find anything on eBay. Especially considering that he's describing a commemorative set. People who have these usually sell them through an auction house. Or if they sell them on eBay they go for big big bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilson-Staff-FG-Tour-100-Anniversary-Fluid-Feel-Forged-Irons-3-PW-Stiff-Irons-RH/152286123367?hash=item2374f5d567:g:o3oAAOSw-CpYBpkv

Actually there is a set of new 100 anniversery Wilson Staff FG tour fluid feel irons for sale on ebay. They are asking $1000, but I didn't look at sales history to see how much similar items have actually sold for recently

Do yours look like this?

s-l1600.jpg

Players play, tough players win!

42 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Do yours look like this?

Those look like a set released around 2014 I believe.
They were listed on WS web site for a selling price $999 - http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/irons/feel/wilson-staff-fg-tour-100-irons-right-steel-s

I have a set from 1980's which I bought new at $300
The only problem with the Bore Thru heads was they were susceptible to failure when adjusting loft or lie.
I love the looks, but never played them, only hit them at the range on occasion.

WS 2.jpg

WS 2 iron.jpg 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

On 3/15/2018 at 5:48 PM, jophab said:

You will get a more accurate estimate of value if you post PICTURES  of the items!

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

11 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

Honestly, those were remakes though, his are all original. I'm not an appraiser so I'd have no clue... But Jack Nicklaus MacGregor Muirfield Commemorative Sets which were all fourteen clubs, (Driver, 3-wood, 1-9, PW, SW, Putter) as a collectible were around $5,000. 

@jophab, What are you looking to do with these? Sell them or Insure them? 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hey Cr, Probably sell them. You are right they are original. As I said not one ball has ever been hit with any of the clubs. I know Wilson made a limited number of sets for the top Club Pro sellers in the USA only and they came in the Trophy case shown. Originally my home course pro was asking $450.00 for them( tidy sum then). That year where I live my course was closed due to flooding from March through mid May. As such his sales of clubs were dismal to say the least. I started my offer much lower and lowered it as the rains continued and finally bought them along with a set of Ben Hogans for a very low price. If you know anyone interested let me know.

Boy this brings back some memories. This was my first full set of clubs. I played them all the way through high school. They were fantastic irons.

If you want to sell them eBay is going to be the place to do so. I recommend you start them at a price you feel is comfortable for you and let the market see if it is higher than that, or if they don't sell if they are lower than that.

There are a number of guys who search eBay looking for older clubs that are brand new. A few guys at my club play a tournament series where they can having nothing in their bag newer than 1990 and they are always on the lookout for older clubs that are in new condition. I will say though, they aren't looking to pay $1,000 for them, you'll need a collector for that but if the collector is out there they'll be searching eBay when your clubs are there.

Michael

3 hours ago, jophab said:

Hey Cr, Probably sell them. You are right they are original. As I said not one ball has ever been hit with any of the clubs. I know Wilson made a limited number of sets for the top Club Pro sellers in the USA only and they came in the Trophy case shown. Originally my home course pro was asking $450.00 for them( tidy sum then). That year where I live my course was closed due to flooding from March through mid May. As such his sales of clubs were dismal to say the least. I started my offer much lower and lowered it as the rains continued and finally bought them along with a set of Ben Hogans for a very low price. If you know anyone interested let me know.

$50 a club is not out of bounds for them. I would think with them being a commemorative set, you could get at least $500 for the right collector. Maybe someone who is an old Wilson Staff iron collector, who is looking for this set to round out his Fluid Feel series collection.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I am seeing some information that about 3000 sets were made in 1986.

To get real collector prices, I think you would need the original shipping box, any kind of packing they came in, and the documentation that would have come with them if any.

Still,  with the case you have, I don't thing that onthehunt's suggestion of $500 is unreasonable, but it might take a while to get that. My gut tells me it is a little high, but I don't really have anything to base it on. I was into vintage clubs for a few years, but bought most of mine at Goodwill and other thrift stores. I have a set of Macgregor VIP remakes from about 1991 in very nice condition that I bought for $30. I see them listed on eBay from $200-$1000, but don't know what they actually SELL for. I bought them to play, but they have the original grips, and I have kept them as is and not played them. You can find a lot of nice forged irons for less than $100 per set, so to get more for them, you are definitely looking for a collector. Someone who wanted them to play with as vintage irons might pay $200 because they are so nice, but not a lot more.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I paid $239 for a nos unhit set without the box, missing one feurrel where the seller tried to take a head off (to reshaft?)a year and a half ago on e-bay, there is one set on ebay for $2000 OBO that won't likely sell, there was a set for $459 that was pulled down

I would be happy with $250 for mine , I'm still using my 71s

s-l1000.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for RH Wilson Staff 71 Buttonback Remake Irons 3-PW Firestick 2.8 Stiff Never Hit! at...

Note: This thread is 1780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!