IGNORED

Patrick Reed vs. the Rules of Golf

NM Golf

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I think you said this really well. 

I agree that I think Reed lied. 

I also think he didn't need to. He literally could have said almost nothing and ended up with a pretty similar result. I really feel if he just let the RO's do their job, they would have ruled for an unplayable lie. 

Yeah, this is where I'm at as well.  IMO, this is only an issue for two reasons:

1. It's Reed, and we all know his history.
  2. The "100% sure" language he used in the discussion.

If either one of those is eliminated from the equation, then this was never a story to begin with.  If Reed says "yeah, that does kinda look like my arrow, but I can't quite be 100% certain" or anything along those lines he gets a pass.

And, if literally anybody else hits that ball, then nobody blinks an eye.

• Like 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, this is where I'm at as well.  IMO, this is only an issue for two reasons:

1. It's Reed, and we all know his history.
  2. The "100% sure" language he used in the discussion.

If either one of those is eliminated from the equation, then this was never a story to begin with.  If Reed says "yeah, that does kinda look like my arrow, but I can't quite be 100% certain" or anything along those lines he gets a pass.

And, if literally anybody else hits that ball, then nobody blinks an eye.

Yes to all that.

Thing is, of course, without basically being 100% certain… he'd be going back to the tee.

Name, model, number can be sufficient to identify your ball if there are no other balls in the area. Not so much here where there were many balls.

We'll never know what he saw through the binoculars.

I'm still curious how two referees and "several" marshals identified THAT tree as the one Reed's ball went into, when I don't think there's any chance it did.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Haven't we covered this?

The Rules can't assume a player is lying without any other evidence. The player says "yeah, that's my ball, in the tree where you told me it went." And for all you know, he wasn't lying. He saw a same make/model/number ball with a line on it.

So, what did you want the Rules Official to do, @Vinsk?

They showed PR a replay of his ‘Sandgate’ penalty. Maybe say, ‘ Let’s take a look at the shot camera and see if we’re looking in the right place.’ They sure as hell didn’t take his word when he said he didn’t cheat in the bunker and went to video and said otherwise. Maybe? Maybe? 🥴

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

18 hours ago, saevel25 said:

On a side note, hey Reed switch to Snell, you will know if the ball is really yours 😉 

Srixon Divide. Volvik Vivid. Any of the Taylormade balls with interesting patterns on them. Even that Chromesoft soccer ball looking thing. 🤪

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

They showed PR a replay of his ‘Sandgate’ penalty. Maybe say, ‘ Let’s take a look at the shot camera and see if we’re looking in the right place.’ They sure as hell didn’t take his word when he said he didn’t cheat in the bunker and went to video and said otherwise. Maybe? Maybe? 🥴

Did you miss where I said “without any other evidence”?

Video is pretty good for that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Did you miss where I said “without any other evidence”?

Video is pretty good for that.

Did you miss where I said I’m an idiot? 😂

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Did you miss where I said I’m an idiot? 😂

Nah, that's just assumed. 😉

• Funny 4

image.gif.1616e8fd7a920e41a842666f4e78288a.gif

• Funny 3