IGNORED

Traditional Lofts versus Modern Lofts

Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to the PGATSS and basically said there was a good chance of snapping or cracking my 7 iron head if they weakened the loft 1 degree. No big deal just will use my 7 as a strong 6 iron and subsequent irons accordingly

You might want a second opinion on bending from another club maker.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Good point. I guess I just got a bit nervous when I was told if it snaps they were not responsible.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Good point. I guess I just got a bit nervous when I was told if it snaps they were not responsible.

They may be cast, but i dont usually break them until 3-5 degrees. I would use a slip of leather in the tool to prevent marks.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Agreed, usually you can safely bend cast clubs +/- 2° and be ok... I'm not buying that the head would snap, I've had cast clubs bent and they were Ok

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, usually you can safely bend cast clubs +/- 2° and be ok... I'm not buying that the head would snap, I've had cast clubs bent and they were Ok

Clubfitters are reluctant to bend certain cast clubs because of the way the  head is designed. If the hosel is very short, or has any unusual angles on it, this can cause damage if you try to bend it.

This info comes from a discussion with a veteran clubfitter a couple years ago. Sorry, but I can't remember specific iron models he mentioned. Can anyone help?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Clubfitters are reluctant to bend certain cast clubs because of the way the  head is designed. If the hosel is very short, or has any unusual angles on it, this can cause damage if you try to bend it. This info comes from a discussion with a veteran clubfitter a couple years ago. Sorry, but I can't remember specific iron models he mentioned. Can anyone help?

Callaway SGI irons can be a pain to bend, Don't know about his Cobras

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

That and there extremely tough to bend, or Can only be bent a small degree. The primary issue is the force required can crack the chrome finish.
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Agreed

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!