Jump to content
saevel25

2018 NCAA Football

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Starting this topic early, but it's never too early!

Excited to see how well Ohio State does this year. The defense should be really good this year. We return a lot of production on the D-Line.

dxm37mP.gif

The headline for this GIF is, "When seven are incapable of blocking five, you're in deep trouble".  :-D

Maybe the only D-Line better than OSU this year is Clemson. They might have 3 top 15 picks in next years NFL draft!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

57 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Starting this topic early, but it's never too early!

Excited to see how well Ohio State does this year. The defense should be really good this year. We return a lot of production on the D-Line.

dxm37mP.gif

The headline for this GIF is, "When seven are incapable of blocking five, you're in deep trouble".  :-D

Maybe the only D-Line better than OSU this year is Clemson. They might have 3 top 15 picks in next years NFL draft!

Pretty patsy schedule (as usual, sorry) so I’m sure they’ll do just fine. TCU and PennSt of late are good ball games. MI/MSU a total throw up at this point. My game of choice would be to open with OSU vs UCF. I don’t buy the National Champ nonsense they’ve run with as SoS is critical in NCAA football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Pretty patsy schedule (as usual, sorry) so I’m sure they’ll do just fine. TCU and PennSt of late are good ball games. MI/MSU a total throw up at this point. My game of choice would be to open with OSU vs UCF. I don’t buy the National Champ nonsense they’ve run with as SoS is critical in NCAA football. 

OSU plays 3 teams that were in the top 15 as of the final AP poll last season, 2 of those on the road (Penn St. and MSU) and one at a neutral location (TCU). 

I dont consider playing 3 top 15 teams all away from home to be a pasty schedule. It might not be a top notch SEC schedule, but its not terribly weak IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well PennSt would be the only ‘strong kudos’ win of those 3, and PennSt lost SB to the NFL. MSU as I said is a mystery but I doubt they’ll be of any force this year. It’ll be interesting, but most likely OSU will gain their ‘spot’ by blowing out cupcakes...and hopefully not get humiliated (Iowa) again. That was ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They don’t play Iowa this year. 

As for schedule, Big Ten did only lose one game in the bowls last year. The Big Ten east is going to be a gauntlet this year. 

It isn’t like the other playoff contenders have tough schedules except ND. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

They don’t play Iowa this year. 

As for schedule, Big Ten did only lose one game in the bowls last year. The Big Ten east is going to be a gauntlet this year. 

It isn’t like the other playoff contenders have tough schedules except ND. 

This is true...damn good bowl performance for sure. I know they don’t play Iowa...I meant hopefully they don’t have another fluke happen like it did with Iowa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This is true...damn good bowl performance for sure. I know they don’t play Iowa...I meant hopefully they don’t have another fluke happen like it did with Iowa. 

Losing by 34 (iir) is not a fluke-- that is a whoopin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, upndown21 said:

Losing by 34 (iir) is not a fluke-- that is a whoopin'

Whoopin's can be flukes

The stars aligned. The QB played a Big Ben All Pro type of game. He had a 6'5" 265 defensive end grabbing his legs, trying to take him down, and he flicks a fade route to a perfect spot. This was the prototypical, every player played out of their minds. The game calling was perfect. They obviously stole the OU playbook that worked really well against OSU earlier in the season.  There are some places you do not want to play, and it is at Iowa, when they are the underdog. It's shocking how some places can develop a history of upsets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Whoopin's can be flukes

The stars aligned. The QB played a Big Ben All Pro type of game. He had a 6'5" 265 defensive end grabbing his legs, trying to take him down, and he flicks a fade route to a perfect spot. This was the prototypical, every player played out of their minds. The game calling was perfect. They obviously stole the OU playbook that worked really well against OSU earlier in the season.  There are some places you do not want to play, and it is at Iowa, when they are the underdog. It's shocking how some places can develop a history of upsets. 

I agree. Everything went wrong for OSU and Iowa would’ve given any team in the country a run that day. It happens in all sports...I mean ...Danny Willet wins the Masters? Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As a football coach for the past 16 years I can honestly say you never really know what can happen when your dealing with a group of kids. Granted kids at that level should know better but they don't. They are still kids and they still make kid mistakes. And on top of that...they are not anywhere near as tough as previous generations. They get by on great athletic ability and don't think they need to know the basics. Once things start going bad....they tend to blame someone else. It's an unfortunate byproduct of our ever changing generations character decline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...