IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Phil could've gotten disqualified had they decided that he stopped the ball on purpose. Instead he got a penalty for hitting the ball while still moving.

Where on earth do you get your information about golf? He didn't "stop the ball". There is a clear penalty for what he did. Why would he have been disqaulified? You are constantly saying stuff that makes me think you're watching a different sport.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Based on that interview, that feels like it should be a DQ. I know what the rules are and I get taking what you can, but that, to my mind, feels like cheating. Certainly can't be the explanation that the USGA were hoping for.

Otherwise, DJ bringing everyone else back.

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like DJ has started to make a move.:doh:

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Just now, Shorty said:

Where on earth do you get your information about golf? He didn't "stop the ball". There is a clear penalty for what he did. Why would he have been disqaulified? You are constantly saying stuff that makes me think you're watching a different sport.

They just said this on the telecast. Are you watching it? You seem lost...as usual

Zach Johnson claiming they've 'lost the course'. I disagree from what we're looking at - miles away from the farce at Chambers Bay.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, b101 said:

Based on that interview, that feels like it should be a DQ. I know what the rules are and I get taking what you can, but that, to my mind, feels like cheating.

He knew exactly was he was doing by the interview with Curtis. I too think he should have gotten DQ.

Just now, b101 said:

Zach Johnson claiming they've 'lost the course'. I disagree from what we're looking at - miles away from the farce at Chambers Bay.

I don't know why he is so surprised. It was just as bad or worse the last time it was held there. If the players start to speak up minus just a few maybe they won't have it there again.

1 minute ago, JSGolf said:

He knew exactly was he was doing by the interview with Curtis. I too think he should have gotten DQ.

Please explain your reasoning for this. 

3 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

They just said this on the telecast. Are you watching it? You seem lost...as usual

He didn't "stop the ball". He putted it while it was moving. 

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

Please explain your reasoning for this. 

For me, the difference between a rules breach and cheating is intent - that rule is designed for when the ball moves as you're making a stroke, or similar unintentional breaches (I believe). The moment that he said he intentionally hit the ball to stop it going down off the front and that he knew he'd probably make a better score, that is cheating. There are rules the USGA can use to DQ him if they want.

3 minutes ago, b101 said:

miles away from the farce at Chambers Bay.

The final results here may be right in-line with Chambers Bay.  The biggest issue there was less than stellar viewing for the fans.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Just now, fishgolf said:

The final results here may be right in-line with Chambers Bay.  The biggest issue there was less than stellar viewing for the fans.

Maybe, but it won't be to do with greens that were bobbling ridiculously from 6 feet putts. They aren't perfect, but they aren't close to Chambers level unplayable.

Henrik Stenson working on that 5-free round.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, b101 said:

Maybe, but it won't be to do with greens that were bobbling ridiculously from 6 feet putts. They aren't perfect, but they aren't close to Chambers level unplayable.

Yeah, forgot about the greens. 

3 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

Yeah, forgot about the greens. 

I genuinely had no problem with any other aspect of Chambers and quite liked the course.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

I don't know why he is so surprised. It was just as bad or worse the last time it was held there. If the players start to speak up minus just a few maybe they won't have it there again.

You're doing it again! The whole point leading up is that last time it was a disaster and the USGA learnt its lesson (supposedly), particularly on the 7th. The players do speak up - they always do. And I don't think the players want a great course banished from the rotation.

I'd be curious if the better players here (however defined) would play the course, particularly their approach shots, if their goal was total scoring.  

Wow, Ian, that sand shot at #8 was the second-worse sand shot I've seen you hit this tournament. 

Did Ian Poulter's clothing line vanish?  I don't even see the IJP logo on his clothing and he's dressed a bit more bland.  Or is he just dressed conservatively for the U.S. Open?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!