IGNORED

I fell in love last night (with a wedge)

Note: This thread is 2099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last night I went to the Galaxy for a lesson and with the intent of buying a wedge  or three.

I spent a fair amount of time in the sim swinging a bunch of brands.  I used the 60 from each brand, to maintain consistency of the comparison.

Hit the following:

Callaway MD4

Ping Glide

Tommy Armour GXT

Vokey SM6

They were all fine to good in my hands.  Callaways were probably my favorite of that group.

But then I hit the Cleveland RTX-3.  First swing was butter and felt soooooooo good.

Took about 10 more swings with the 60, then 10 more with a 52 and a 46.  Each one felt great and flew very well according to the computer.  I was and am sold.

Walked out with all 3 in Black Satin with the M grind, and will be taking my new loves to the range today to get the feel for distances, etc.  As an added bonus, they were on sale and I had some store credit and a coupon, so they were basically free!

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Falling in love with a club(s) is totally acceptable. However, as with all love affairs, there will be some low points, that could possibly lead to a break up. 

I have had break ups with almost all my clubs at one time or another. Funny thing is, the club doesn't really care.

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Went to a local range that lets you hit off grass and has a bunker to practice out of.

These clubs really work for me.  Great feel, great spin, easy distance control.

Friday will be my first round with these.  Can't wait.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Yeah, just got one of these myself for my birthday, a really good club. Only problem is that it looks so nice that I fear practising with it from any scruffy lies 😄

Loving my RTX wedges .. 

As to love affair, I find it hard to go past my Cleveland TT588 eight iron.... nothing like dropping a ball in the hole from the rough 165 yards to put a simile on the dia 

Go Foxy Go

Note: This thread is 2099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!