IGNORED

Streamsong, have you been?

iHack
Note: This thread is 1974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm planning a golf trip to Streamsong in March.   I have a few questions, hoping you can help me out...

Did you bring your own alcohol?

Basically did you or could you bring your own drinks and hang out with your friends without having to spend a ton at the bars?

Did you bring any of your own food or is the only way to eat through the restaurants and bars? 

Do you recommend walking or riding?

any additional info is greatly appreciated as well.  I'm sure there are things I'm missing.  

• Administrator

Walk.

I didn't bring food or alcohol.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Iacas did you think it was as good as advertised?

Did you stay over night?

Is it conducive to hanging out in the evening with your own beverages or is it pretty standard to buy drinks at the bar?  

Just curious about bringing your own bottles of wine, beer, and to hear other's experiences.   It's going to be a 3 night trip and alcohol adds up.  

I'm going October 18-21 and we're staying at the resort.  I'm sure we'll bring our own alcoholic drinks for the stay, but won't be bringing them on the course or in the resort area.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
20 hours ago, iHack said:

Iacas did you think it was as good as advertised?

Did you stay over night?

Is it conducive to hanging out in the evening with your own beverages or is it pretty standard to buy drinks at the bar?  

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. I don't see why not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have been to Streamsong 3 times. Once as a 3 day stay play. Whether you walk or ride you will walk a lot. They have inane places to park carts. So best to walk. Also if you ride you must take forecaddies. The resort is very nice. They have 2 bedroom units which are best deal if have a group. The golf is as good as advertised. Taking alcohol and hanging in room or outdoor in a myriad of various places should be fine. The restaurants are very good. Overall, you get great value for your $ spent. It's not cheap, but no place with great golf is....But Steamsong is one of best values.

• 4 weeks later...

Hole 7 Blue Course

2113671439_BlueCourseHole7Pic2.jpg.dd605d69bf05fea76bfbf3830852bacb.jpg

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I like playing there because it's pretty close to home (Tampa) so I don't have to make it an overnight golf trip. Actually can get a descent rate in the summer months. Courses are fun to play because there are not many that look like that in my area so it's just nice to play something that is different. Not sure I can disagree with the price tag you guys paid for 3 nights. That is very pricey. I don't think I would pay that for 3 days at Streamsong. And you are absolutely right about it being in the middle of nowhere. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

58 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I like playing there because it's pretty close to home (Tampa) so I don't have to make it an overnight golf trip. Actually can get a descent rate in the summer months. Courses are fun to play because there are not many that look like that in my area so it's just nice to play something that is different. Not sure I can disagree with the price tag you guys paid for 3 nights. That is very pricey. I don't think I would pay that for 3 days at Streamsong. And you are absolutely right about it being in the middle of nowhere. 

It's a check on the bucket list, probably won't be a second check.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 1974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!