IGNORED

Favorite Thing About Golf

Dry Tortuga

I usually play team sports (mostly hockey) so in those game, you can have a edge on other if you can read/predict play better. Don't get me wrong I like that, but in golf it's only you against the course so it's a different game and really challenging. I also like the fact that you can play with other that are not on the same level as you and still enjoy it since it's not really affecting your game, slow play aside!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me what I love about golf is while I’m on the course I am only focused on hitting my shots and making my putts. This helped me a great deal after my father passed away. I was able to spend a couple of hours only thinking about golf and not how much I missed him

• Like 3

We bought a house in a bluff overlooking a river. Across the street is the county club. We were looking for a house with a pool but when we saw the view from our deck we fell in love. Our country club family is wonderful. We take the cart to dinner and my wife plays dominos with the women on Tuesday and Thursday.  Poker us Thursday night. For me. We love the club. The cost is roughly what we would have spent on chemicals for a pool. 

64AF57DF-2A65-4B90-B8E8-818E59F2041A.jpeg

875AC98A-EBA0-47CC-BAD6-264A1777BE24.png

2E213D5A-1E22-4CD9-8A3E-4E81F23CDB95.png

On 11/2/2018 at 3:28 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

"The cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man on the moon, when you coming home son, I don't know when... We'll get together then, dad. You know we'll have a good time then...." 

Great post, jetsknicks1. 

On 11/4/2018 at 6:59 AM, jetsknicks1 said:

Thanks guys. Still pisses me off that he beats me most of the time lol.

My father and I could only talk through golf. He wasn’t very good dad. I took it up to get to know him. He would have been 84 yesterday 

Edited by WarrenB
Our view
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...

Nothing better (to me) as going out the club after work and playing 9 holes. No phones. No responsibilities. Just peace and quiet. I also enjoy having a beer when I'm done and sitting outside on the veranda and watching other groups play up the 9th holes on the other courses. It gives me something to look forward to on a Tuesday or Wednesday and keeps me sane. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.