IGNORED

My Swing (todd1902)

Todd1902

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years 
My current handicap index is: 22
My typical ball flight is: straight ball flight, if I’m hitting well can be right to left 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: try to reduce the heel shot and the shanks! I also get the occasional thin or fat shot. All of these can kill my round off before I’ve even really got started. 

I would also like to eliminate jumping up at impact.

Also to note: in the past 6 months I have come back from a broken wrist in which I have some limitations regarding wrist hinging.

Edited by iacas
embedded video

Not sure why it didn't imbed, but it is reposted below.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Got a face-on video? Slow motion video?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Please embed your videos: https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos

As suspected there's no real lower body help. Your backswing doesn't see much lower body turn, and your weight stays almost static on the downswing.

I'd look at making a better backswing pivot, but then quickly work on Key #2 stuff: getting your weight/pressure forward on the downswing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Please embed your videos: https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos

As suspected there's no real lower body help. Your backswing doesn't see much lower body turn, and your weight stays almost static on the downswing.

I'd look at making a better backswing pivot, but then quickly work on Key #2 stuff: getting your weight/pressure forward on the downswing.

So are saying that I should be putting more hip rotation in? 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Todd1902 said:

So are saying that I should be putting more hip rotation in? 

For starters, I would.

But I'd quickly move on to the Key #2 stuff for the downswing.

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

For starters, I would.

But I'd quickly move on to the Key #2 stuff for the downswing.

Any good drills or feels for this?

i feel like when I want to shift forward normally I end up dragging 6 inches of turf before the ball. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Todd1902 said:

Any good drills or feels for this?

i feel like when I want to shift forward normally I end up dragging 6 inches of turf before the ball. 

We have a bunch on the site, yeah. Have a look around.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've managed to work on these steps as you said but i still find myself struggle with a very horrific shank.

I'm forever trying to get my balance correct? I'm not entirely sure where my weight should be on address,takeaway and impact?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Todd1902 said:

I've managed to work on these steps as you said but i still find myself struggle with a very horrific shank.

It's been a week, man.

This stuff takes time.

Post video of you doing the practice, and let people see how you're doing it. Right now you should be working on letting your lower body help you make a backswing with more turn in it.

That's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

Looking for some advice on how to clear my hips.

I feel like on my downswing I get my weight onto my left hand side but clear my hips or stop them from thrusting towards the golf ball.

Any tips, drills or swing thoughts would be appreciated.

It still looks like you haven't rotated the lower body enough on the backswing. From DTL, it's hard to say for certain but it also looks like you are not getting nearly enough weight left by impact.  You look like you're almost falling backwards after swinging.  Try the Gary Player walk through or hit with feet close together to feel hip turn and finishing left.  

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

2 hours ago, phillyk said:

It still looks like you haven't rotated the lower body enough on the backswing. From DTL, it's hard to say for certain but it also looks like you are not getting nearly enough weight left by impact.  You look like you're almost falling backwards after swinging.  Try the Gary Player walk through or hit with feet close together to feel hip turn and finishing left.  

Cheers I'll give this a go and see how it works out!

• 6 months later...

Been awhile since my last post but here is my current swing.

I feel as if im still struggling with my issue of clearing the hips. I cannot seem to get into my head any methods of over coming this.
I also feel in the video my backswing looks a bit short but when im actually carrying this out it feels like thats my limit of movement.

any thoughts?

• 3 years later...

Been awhile since I’ve posted on here but thought I’d post my swing and hopefully you guys pick holes and tell me something I’m clearly not seeing. 

been taking lessons now for sometime and been told in my last session that I need to work on clearing shoulders/chest on downswing. It makes perfect sense but I cannot get that feel. Does anybody have anything for this? 

IMG_6543.jpeg

I’d say you are too close to the ball. Arm hang is negative here, which isn’t the end of the world but your swing also looks like you are close. Try getting the hands either directly under the shoulder or slightly in front. It will give you more room to swing and turn. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!