IGNORED

How will YOU remember the 2007 Pats?

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How will you remember the 2007 Pats?

• 18 straight wins
    • Incredible Super Bowl XLII Loss
    • Spygate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The Pats are the team that lucked out and beat Peyton Manning's team in the playoffs and then got their rear end kicked by his little brother's team; no more, except their no-personality quarterback reportedly got two supermodels pregnant concurrently.

That would be the Chargers who beat the Colts in the playoffs.

I'll remember my Pats fan friends who didn't show their faces for a week after not shutting up all season.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

That would be the Chargers who beat the Colts in the playoffs.

It was funny how many Michigan fans are Patriots fans. More so than ever this year. It was doubly sweet watching those slap asses lose. They are cheaters and U of M fans are, by and large, total A Holes. I say by and large because I know some really good guys who happen to have that as one of their only character flaws.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

U of M fans are, by and large, total A Holes. I say by and large because I know some really good guys who happen to have that as one of their only character flaws.

One of my best friends has that same character flaw! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
how do i reeeeeaaaaach theeeeseeee keeeeeeeeds?

That's funny. I just saw that episode. I kind of wish the whole show had been about that instead of the mouse with the, uhm, "attachment."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll remember the Pats. "Were only going to score 17 points? Come on, he could've made it realistic. 42 or something? hahaha." -Tom Brady.

Best Super Bowl I've ever seen. Although, it was because my team won.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'll remember it as the greatest choke in football history. The giants WERE NOT a good team and i don't care if they did win the super bowl. The cowboys(my team and stupid tony romo blew their chance) beat them how many times? The giants won't do it again but tom brady will be back.

Oh yes and my friend ran out into the snow naked and made a snow angel on account of a bet if the giants won. We locked him out of his own house naked, was a good time.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I'll remember it as the greatest choke in football history. The giants WERE NOT a good team and i don't care if they did win the super bowl. The cowboys(my team and stupid tony romo blew their chance) beat them how many times? The giants won't do it again but tom brady will be back.

See, that's just a flat out ignorant comment. Did the Giants catch fire at the right time? Sure did. But they earned it. 11 straight road victories? That's nuts.

Give credit where credit is due. We had to go into Tampa, against a decent Tampa team, won there convincingly. Sneaked one out in Dallas, Dallas played completely horrible. Went into Lambeau in -10 degrees, and won there, against a HOF QB...shut him down and made him look rather foolish. And then go into the SB against one of the greatest teams, if not the greatest, of all time and beat them... I know your an ignorant Cowboys fan, but get real man.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

As the lowlife scum they are.

Jets fan here. Not bitter about spygate. But i still hate the team, actually the entire city.

• 2 months later...
They deserved to lose that, they were nothing like the Dolphins when they went undefeated, the 1972 dolphins would kill them, the pats almost lost in like week 12 or 13 but didnt because of a time out, i dont remember who the team was but they weren't even any good.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I'll remember them as a prime example of why defense wins championships.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll remember that Super Bowl result as an incredible relief during a period everything was going wrong for my family. My mother suffered a diabetic coma on Christmas Eve 2007 in Miami. I flew to Miami and helped my dad, alternating bedside shifts at the hospital, but she wasn't responding. Finally she came out of it in early January but she couldn't open her eyes and not much changed for the next month.

When I was a kid we got Dolphin season tickets in 1972. Not bad timing. Defending that accomplishment as uniquely perfect is a treasure every year. It's like rooting for the '72 Dolphins all over again. Lately there hasn't been anything to root for with the current Dolphins, so maintaining the '72 status has taken on increased focus, with Peyton Manning starting several seasons with long winning streaks.

Let's face it, if New England had gone 19-0 the old Dolphin team would have been subjected to many idiotic comparisons. There would have been subjective columns insisting they would have lost 52-17, or whatever, to the '07 Pats, and I guarantee some geniuses would have fed nonsense into lame computer programs with similar results.

Those '72 and '73 Miami teams are ridiculously underrated. If Csonka, Kiick and Warfield hadn't bolted to the WFL in their primes and played the '74 season as lame ducks, the Steeler dynasty may never have unfolded as it did. The Dolphins matched up beautifully with those Steelers, with Miami's great offensive line negating Pittsburgh's strength, the intimidation aspect of the Mean Joe Greene-led defensive line. Miami beat Pittsburgh every year from 1971 to 1973. When Griese was in the lineup, there was a 6-quarter run of 66-10 in Miami's favor during those 3 games. That's not exaggeration at all. Griese was hospitalized in '71 and played only the second half, 21-0 run. He replaced Morrall at halftime of the '72 AFC title game, 14-7 Miami advantage in that second half. The teams played again in Miami in '73. Griese played the whole game. At halftime it was 31-3. There's your 66-10.

Anyway, I had exhausted energy rooting for the Ravens and Giants (regular season) to defeat the Pats. When both fell through, I more or less conceded 19-0. The entire city of Miami was resigned to it. I'll never forget that day at the hospital, watching the PGA event and CBS interviewed the pro golfers, asking for their Super Bowl picks and why. Kenny Perry was the ultimate blowhard. He said, "The Patriots. To shut up the '72 Dolphins."

I couldn't believe that. It's one thing for simpleton fans on message boards to get upset at Mercury Morris and other old Dolphins rooting for the last unbeaten to fall. And some columnists like Rick Reilly have latched on, knowing it's an easy target. The logic is so inane, to shut up the '72 Dolphins. LOL. By definition that has a time frame. When the last old Dolphin player dies in 30 or 40 years, are you telling me the spiteful fans and columnists will stop rooting, since there's no one remaining to "shut up?" Are you kidding? There's no chance of that. They will continue to root for another unbeaten out of sheer jealousy. Their entire premise is a lie.

Sorry for the digression, and the length of this post in general. I couldn't believe a multi millionaire pro athlete like Kenny Perry was preoccupied with the '72 Dolphins. My dad came home early from the hospital and we rooted passionately for the Giants. It meant extra that they were the team, since we've summered in Saratoga recently and visited Giants camp in Albany. In August 2007, months earlier, the Giants had been terrific to give us VIP passes for practice since my mom had trouble walking. They took her in a cart to a front row seat at practice.

Admittedly, I never had much hope even though the Giants defensive line was dominating. When Moss caught the go ahead TD pass with 2 minutes remaining I didn't give Eli much hope. But finally the breaks that had gone New England's way all year magically reversed in that final history-on-the-line drive. Eli escaped on the famous play. Asante Samuel dropped a game ending interception. Then the amazing play when Plaxico obviously broke wide open and Eli calmly got it there. My dad jumped out of his seat and we hugged, but I warned there was still time for a Brady miracle. And damn his arm is strong. I couldn't believe how far he launched those final desperation passes to Moss. One of them wasn't far off.

I was so relieved when it ended with an apropos sack.

The city of Miami reacted like the Dolphins had won the Super Bowl. No exaggeration. Keuchenberg said he was in tears, that it was the best day since the '72 Super Bowl win.

I'll remember the Pats as a great team that peaked early and happened to run into the one opponent with a defensive line that could disrupt their pretty offense. It was another example of one dimensional being exposed in the ultimate game. With a moderate running game to slow that Giant pass rush, no question New England wins.

When my mom finally came around and was released to a rehab center in late February, she was thrilled that the Pats had lost. It was like celebrating a second time.

Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!