IGNORED

ClicGear, Sun Mountain, CaddyTek???

Note: This thread is 1141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

😀

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Any thoughts on the Clicgear Rovic?

I have narrowed my search to clicgear or the TGW 3 wheel player push cart. 

After more research I like that if something brakes on the clicgear it can be replaced. As unlikely as it is a wheel brakes(a cart once ran over an broke one) you can replace. Basically the lure of clicgear is the body will last a very long time and you can purchase other parts. That is huge considering you don’t need to throw it out. 

Was not able to edit. RVC1 to be specific for the Clicgear Rovic. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't find that to be true at all.

I wonder if something was up with the axles or something on the CG.

Thing is, I've had the same experience with multiple (4+) Clicgears. I'm not knocking it as a quality unit, it's just that I feel it's clunky and heavy compared to Sun Mountain Speeds. Subjective, but to me very significant.

47 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think Colin had the brake on.  😂

Loooool

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pulled the trigger on the Rovic RVC1 3 wheel cart. Poking around on Amazon and it was at $124 today.  Worst case if I do not like it, i will return it. Thoughts on the Rovic? Anyone use it or know someone who uses it? Thanks for all the replies. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

The Rovic cart arrived today.  A nice small cart. Not sure I like how the c130 bag fits on it.  

i will have to take another look at it. The top part of the cart where the bag goes in seem too small. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Here it is. Honest opinions does the bag fit? The height of the cart I think is throwing me off. 

Umbrella holder is in an odd spot. 

B07FF63A-954C-43DA-9E16-DD3D49260500.jpeg

1259F25F-CEAF-41C7-BD1C-9740C94E1025.jpeg

444DFFC5-40FD-44ED-AED9-023E3586D0CE.jpeg

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

???

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes. The adapter where the umbrella goes is in the middle if the cart.  Once it is up it seems like it could be a bit annoying. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Yes. The adapter where the umbrella goes is in the middle if the cart.  Once it is up it seems like it could be a bit annoying. 

That’s where it is on many carts. The middle protects the most.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok. Will need to get used to. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Here it is. Honest opinions does the bag fit? The height of the cart I think is throwing me off. 

B07FF63A-954C-43DA-9E16-DD3D49260500.jpeg

1259F25F-CEAF-41C7-BD1C-9740C94E1025.jpeg

444DFFC5-40FD-44ED-AED9-023E3586D0CE.jpeg

Is that umbrella holder removable?  After my cart blew over twice in a rain/windstorm with the umbrella up, spilling all my clubs, I removed the holder and never went back.  So much easier to wear a beanie, rain jacket, rain pants and a pair of rain gloves.  If I want to put up a sail to catch the wind I'll buy a darn sailboat.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Is that umbrella holder removable?  After my cart blew over twice in a rain/windstorm with the umbrella up, spilling all my clubs, I removed the holder and never went back.  So much easier to wear a beanie, rain jacket, rain pants and a pair of rain gloves.  If I want to put up a sail to catch the wind I'll buy a darn sailboat.

Yes it screws in.

1st round with the Rovic. Initial thoughts. 

solid cart, 3 wheels are the way to go. The cup holder is a bit of a pain, hopefully it expands a bit. I will say due to the size of the holder no fluids spill. 

I am not sure I like the bag size for the cart but will get over it. 

Still no cart repels geese shit on the wheels. Ha 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I ended up returning my C130. Did not like how big it was. Unnecessary for me to have that many pockets. Picked up a Sun Mountain 5.5 stand bag. It fits well on the RVC1 push cart. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

On 2/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

I ended up returning my C130. Did not like how big it was. Unnecessary for me to have that many pockets. Picked up a Sun Mountain 5.5 stand bag. It fits well on the RVC1 push cart. 

@jmanbooyaa I'm glad you found a system that works for you. Personally, I love the C-130. It is soooooooo much better than my carry bag when I actually take a golf cart. That strap system really really works well. I don't even use the golf cart strap and my bag always stays pointing front and center. Love it.

Walking, however, is a different story. Since I bought my ClicGear 3.5+ though, I've wanted a cart bag. The C-130 fits perfectly on the Clicgear 3.5+. Here's a photo. If you look closely you may notice that I do have both the regular and the XL cup holders on the trolley. I actually like to use both. (Some things fit better in one than the other.)

Clicgear_2.thumb.png.d99f4e3ca11a77c0567a726953db7f8f.png

The C-130 fits so well, I can actually access all of the pockets, yes, every single one of them while it's strapped to the Trolley. My old bag (a Nike carry bag) worked fine, but a couple of the pockets would have the zippers pinched off by the ClicGear straps. See photo here:

clicgear.thumb.jpg.159a61d56cf3faf7e99e679ed3b71d7d.jpg

As I've mentioned before, I never had a clearance issue with the front wheel. But I guess other people have so you may want to confirm your bag does fit correctly if you are looking into getting a ClicGear 3.5+. … Which may be on sale soon, as the 4.0 is coming out. 

20200203_105545.thumb.jpg.63ed43d298a7f579f4416cd84dbbb254.jpg

Overall, I don't think there could be a better system for me. The C-130 is perfect for using a golf cart, riding a Finn Cycle or using the ClicGear 3.5+. Plus, both the C-130 and the ClicGear 3.5+ come in blue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

The bag only has clearance issues with the front wheel on some models where the "stand" mechanism is weird and the bottom of the bag can hang a decent bit lower because the bottom metal piece is "up" higher into the "stand" part of the bag.

@ChetlovesMer thanks for posting. Your set up looks great.  I like my new setup and am surprisingly loving the 4 way bucket dividers. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I have a CaddyTek four wheel and am envious of one of the guys in my foursome that has a 3 wheel ClicGear.  It's all about the seat.

We play Torrey Pines often and for some reason they removed all the benches at the tee boxes.  For me it's a fairly stout walk (I'm 62) and we both got the seat attachement for our carts.  My seat is heavy and I have to realign my cart everytime I put it on.  The ClicGear seat is much lighter and less cumbersome.  

I've been waiting for my CaddyTek to breakdown to justify buying a ClicGear, but no luck on that so far.

1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

I have a CaddyTek four wheel and am envious of one of the guys in my foursome that has a 3 wheel ClicGear.  It's all about the seat.

We play Torrey Pines often and for some reason they removed all the benches at the tee boxes.  For me it's a fairly stout walk (I'm 62) and we both got the seat attachement for our carts.  My seat is heavy and I have to realign my cart everytime I put it on.  The ClicGear seat is much lighter and less cumbersome.  

I've been waiting for my CaddyTek to breakdown to justify buying a ClicGear, but no luck on that so far.

Out of curiosity you should ask why they removed the benches. And that's a good testimonial for your CaddyTek...

Note: This thread is 1141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!