• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcfc_nick

SBS Championship

63 posts in this topic

Start to the 2010 season is on Thursday, Who's gonna win?

Its gotta be Strick

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Finally, some good golf returns to the TV.
Bryan Gay will be the champion
Sean O'Haire 2nd place
Angel Cabrera 3rd
Ryan Moore 4th

1st = Michael Bradley
2nd = Sean O'Hair
3rd = Steve Stricker

I'd love to say Paul Casey but I don't think he's fully recovered, yet.

Stricker seconded (for 1st place).

Cabrera 2nd.

Looking forward to this one. I like the tournaments I can play the course on Links 2003.

Looks like a small field

I'll go out on a limb...but mark it down!

Win - Nick Watney (a real bomber with some short game, should take advantage)
Place - Stricker (no explanation needed)
Show - Goosen (seems to travel well, and play well...often)

Watney 1st, dude's a stud.
Ogilvy 2nd, he almost repeats
Stricker 3rd, solid player, #3 in the world

Awards and Achievements

Watney 1st, dude's a stud.

Hey Jamo..we agree on Watney, it's a start!

Me and my oldest son followed him for about 7 holes at last years Transitions Championship, on the 6th hole he absolutley smoked one of the tee and his second shot to the par four was much shorter than anyones including JB (Just Balls) Holmes. We were right behind him and after he hit I said "I hope the cover stays on that ball" he looked back at me and sort of grinned. Nothing like seeing the pro's in person, unreal how these guys hit it and throw darts around the green. ps...Nike did say that the Nike One Platinum is for players who can compress the ball, it was an * in the golf magazine article on the golf ball issue. :)

Hey Jamo..we agree on Watney, it's a start!

I loved watching Watney (on TV, there's only 2 Tour events in New England, and they closer one to me is always packed) last year at Doral i think it was during his battle with Mickelson. He hits the ball a long way and he is a good putter so i think it's just a matter of time before he takes off.

As for the golf balls, one could argue every Tour ball is for people who can compress the ball, but i'll take your word for it.

Awards and Achievements

I loved watching Watney (on TV, there's only 2 Tour events in New England, and they closer one to me is always packed) last year at Doral i think it was during his battle with Mickelson. He hits the ball a long way and he is a good putter so i think it's just a matter of time before he takes off.

As Kimbo Slice would say..."IT'S ALL GOOOOD".

I appreciate the sprited debate...I wish you nothing but eagles, birdies, and pars in the future!

Geoff Ogilvy is the only one in the field who has won this event before. I'm calling on him for the winner.

Tied for second is Y.E. Yang (only one in the field to win an SBS championship before; not that it matters) and Nick Watney.

Steve Stricker is up there too. Five par-5s give a great wedge player a great chance.

Awards and Achievements

Zach Johnson wins, Stricker comes in 2nd, and Paul Casey leads majority of the way, but falls to 3rd.

Can't wait to start watching golf again. I'm sick of staring at snow on the ground. Iowa sucks, but the football team is good. Iowa- 20/ GT- 13

Geoff Ogilvy is the only one in the field who has won this event before. I'm calling on him for the winner.

I agree with your statement regarding the par-5s. Thats why I believe you can't count out Zach Johnson. If he has a good gameplan for this week, he'll win his 2nd trophy in Hawaii in as many years. Ogilvy is also another good pick.

I don't care who wins! At last its real golf again. just what we all need to prime us for spring!

shaping up well this tournamnet, bunched up behind G-lover at the top of the leaderboard