IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Went to the range after work today. 

Did 4 balls slow, hitting the positions in the backswing. Then I hit 4 balls making very slow swings, focusing on just combining those moves in a complete backswing. 

If I did 3 golf balls really good, then I would let myself hit one at full speed. :) I still concentrated on a few feels I like with the backswing. Getting the right arm soft early in the backswing, raising the hands up, and getting that cupped right wrist feeling at the top. 

I did notice I would take the club good to A2-2.5 and then I would get lazy and try to drag that club behind me more as a way to get the club flatter. I really need to focus on keeping the hands going upward, and flattening it with my right wrist. 

Overall I am pleased with the practice. 

I hopefully will play a few more rounds this year. My shot shape right now is a slight pull fade, maybe a straight fade. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went to the range today. Worked on my backswing. 

Practicing Backswing (slow-mo)

Practicing Backswing (Normal Speed)

Full Slow Swing (Slow-Mo)

Overall I felt good about the practice. 

I like the A2 position. A4 is a tad too long of a swing, but not nearly as bad as it was. Like the flat left wrist, and how the right arm is pointing more towards the ground. 
A3.PNG.b68935be35a99f70a3ff8139b228753c.A7.PNG.69a5b2d5731b4a85d057ffddf872d978.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Looks good. The hands don't have to go OUT from A1-A2, though… they can go a little deeper (maybe feel like "straight back from 1-2"?), but given your background it is probably not too bad a thing to exaggerate them staying out for now.

See you in a weekend or two, too, for the next bit of stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Went to the range on this comfortably cool evening. I did 4 reps of the slow position drills. Club to A2, then crank up to A4. On my last slow practice for the rep I would slowly pump from A2 to A4 and use that to hit the ball. Then I did 4 reps of just slow full swings. 

On a side note. Most of my slow full swings had a slight pull cut. While my pump from A2 to A4 hits were mostly straight to push draws. I think I do the crank move with the right hand better in the pump drill. 

Overall contact was really solid. Shots were not going all over the place. I would have a random pull draw. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Went to the range on this comfortably cool evening. I did 4 reps of the slow position drills. Club to A2, then crank up to A4. On my last slow practice for the rep I would slowly pump from A2 to A4 and use that to hit the ball. Then I did 4 reps of just slow full swings. 

On a side note. Most of my slow full swings had a slight pull cut. While my pump from A2 to A4 hits were mostly straight to push draws. I think I do the crank move with the right hand better in the pump drill. 

Overall contact was really solid. Shots were not going all over the place. I would have a random pull draw. 

By the sounds of it, one of your best practice sessions in a long time. Agree?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

By the sounds of it, one of your best practice sessions in a long time. Agree?

Yes it was

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 1 month later...

Saw you talking about your overswing....did you realize this?....you get to 90* shoulder turn and it looks good....but the extra turn causes reverse pivot.

saevel.JPG

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

59 minutes ago, collapse said:

Saw you talking about your overswing....did you realize this?....you get to 90* shoulder turn and it looks good....but the extra turn causes reverse pivot.

saevel.JPG

That is not a reverse pivot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

True.

And @saevel25 has mentioned his over-swing about twenty thousand times. ;-)

1 minute ago, iacas said:

True.

And @saevel25 has mentioned his over-swing about twenty thousand times. ;-)

Who's counting. :)

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I agree. My hips don't slide and my head doesn't tip towards the target.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just now, saevel25 said:

Who's counting. :)

I agree. My hips don't slide and my head doesn't tip towards the target.

Your hip is in a great position at the top. I've been working toward this for a few months.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

You see what the yellow line is showing....that is head and torso movement which is not desired and less so going to his left.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

Just now, collapse said:

You see what the yellow line is showing....that is head and torso movement which is not desired and less so going to his left.

Still not a reverse pivot. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Just now, jbishop15 said:

Still not a reverse pivot. 

You can call it what you want...it's not right,should be easily corrected, but apparently has been with him for awhile..why?

2 minutes ago, collapse said:

You can call it what you want...it's not right,should be easily corrected, but apparently has been with him for awhile..why?

My man, his pivot is fine. His head stays still, his hips don't slide back. His pivot is better than mine, and you couldn't call mine a reverse pivot either. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Not a reverse pivot.

Never mind that, to be a true reverse pivot, his weight would have to go BACKWARD during the downswing.

54 minutes ago, collapse said:

There is nothing to correct with respect to that. You are again showing very little knowledge with respect to what is important in the golf swing.

Scott

My Swing Thread