• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harmonious

Balls Left, Balls Right

10 posts in this topic

It's kind of a slow day after the Open, so I thought I'd post this. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I found it interesting/amusing:

I'm lucky enough to live on a course, so I sometimes take my dog out walking on it early in the morning. If the notion strikes, we will sometimes wander through the woods on either side of several holes, seeing if we can find any lost balls.

Yesterday, we went down the right side of one hole, found about a dozen balls. Pinnacles, Top Flites, Noodles. This morning, we went down the left side. Found 8 balls, 6 were Pro V1 and V1x. What does that say about hookers and slicers?

1) Hookers are optimists, and so they play a better brand of ball?
2) Slicers are realists and understand their game better. They know they will lose a few along the way, and thus play a cheaper ball?
3) ProV's are programmed to fly left? Pinnacles to fly right? (What about in Australia?)

As I said, it's a silly thread, but now I know to only look for balls along the left side of golf holes.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That is a good point, I also live on a course and walk my dogs, I must have a least 300 balls in my garage, after some thought you are correct, I live on the left side of the fairway about halfway down a par 4, I nearly always find ProV's and NXT's and Srixons in my yard and RockFlights (TopFlights) and Pinnacles over the other side, interesting!!

Better players tend to draw the ball and play a better ball.

That, or left-handed golfers REALLY like Pro V1s...?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's kind of a slow day after the Open, so I thought I'd post this. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I found it interesting/amusing:

I thought a lot of them were drug users!?!

:-p

Don't really know what it means other than it seems like you have a good opportunity brewing. Find all those (hopefully) one-hit wonder Pro V1s, package them up and sell them on ebay for $20/dozen. Heck, you'd have the best of both worlds; you'd be getting some additional exercise and some extra pocket change. Plus, I'm sure your doggie would love to spend more time checking out all the different scents.

I've found the more expensive balls will be on the left side too.

I think as iacas said, better players hit a draw.
Worse golfers are normally slicers so they play the cheaper ones.

Don't really know what it means other than it seems like you have a good opportunity brewing. Find all those (hopefully) one-hit wonder Pro V1s, package them up and sell them on ebay for $20/dozen. Heck, you'd have the best of both worlds; you'd be getting some additional exercise and some extra pocket change. Plus, I'm sure your doggie would love to spend more time checking out all the different scents.

My daughter did that last summer, we had over 350 balls, at least half of them Titleist and Callaway, my daughter asked if she could set up a stall out the back and sell them, she bagged them up in 6's and sold them for $3:50 for 6 or $6 a dozen, she sold the lot and made over $150.

We find on average about 3-4 balls per day just on the one hole out the back of my house, there are trees all the way down the right side and OB all the way down the left where the houses are and the fairway is only about 40yds wide.

1) Hookers are optimists, and so they play a better brand of ball?

I'm thinking its more about better players tend to hook the ball more - so they play a better balll and lose them left.

Then you are pretty right-on about "slicers" ... (I fall into this group).

Better players tend to draw the ball and play a better ball.

This is the answer

I just decided which side of the fairway to walk when I have the option of walking down the fairway on either side.