IGNORED

My Swing (bplewis24)

bplewis24
Note: This thread is 3585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I admire the patience of you guys as instructors :-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

While I still may not be loading enough weight on my left knee (?), adjusting the grip made a world of difference over the past two days in terms of making contact with the ball.  Typically I've been making solid contact (where the ball goes 30+ yards) around 20% of the time, but the past two days it was more like 70%.

It feels really weird still, but I've been trying to point the "V" of my right hand extremely to the right.  It still works it's way left just before takeaway, but the above image I think is an improvement from Wednesday.  What do you think?

• Administrator
It feels really weird still, but I've been trying to point the "V" of my right hand extremely to the right.  It still works it's way left just before takeaway, but the above image I think is an improvement from Wednesday.  What do you think?

It's still a bit too much on top. Keep going. :) It's also WELL on top in the video, so really keep going.

I think we must be failing in some way or something is lost in translation here. A few pictures to illustrate what I mean.

Put your head against a door jamb and slide your hips forward.

Here's an old video that somewhat relates. It'll keep your head from going backward while you can push your hips forward, adding the pressure into the left foot. Just start at the top of the backswing and push your hips forward. The video illustrates how to put your head, mostly, but covers a different problem (the head going forward).

Just put your head against a door jamb like Dave does, do it at the top of your backswing, and feel the downswing pieces.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll work on that today and tomorrow.  I don't think it's a translation issue as much as it is me being able to get my body to do the things I see.  When I focus on the lower half, my head and arms start doing whatever they want, and vice versa.  I feel like I'm starting to understand it finally for the first time, though.  Understanding how the pieces work together.  And I feel like I have things I can work on for the next few months.

I'll also focus on the grip.  It actually made a huge, immediate difference even though it's still too much on top.  On Friday I was shocked at how awkward I felt but how much more solid contact I was making.  I gotta say that I feel bad I spent basically 2-3 weeks wasting most of the instruction by not even getting set up properly! But it seemed like every time I hit a bad shot, I would square up my stance more and grip over the top more.

I do have one question though: can all of the pieces I'm working on be translated pretty easily towards the driver swing?  I haven't touched a club other than my 9i in a few weeks, and I was already hitting it (driver) really poorly.  I'm just curious if there is anything different I will need to know for the driver swing.

I do have one question though: can all of the pieces I'm working on be translated pretty easily towards the driver swing?  I haven't touched a club other than my 9i in a few weeks, and I was already hitting it (driver) really poorly.  I'm just curious if there is anything different I will need to know for the driver swing.

Same stuff with the driver. Just make sure to set-up with the hips pushed a little forward.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I was hoping to post a end-of-lesson update, however I did something to my knee at the gym a couple days ago and the doc wants me to take a couple more days off.  I don't think I could make a regular swing right now.  As long as there isn't any swelling I should be fine in a few days to post some follow-up stuff.

I was hoping to post a end-of-lesson update, however I did something to my knee at the gym a couple days ago and the doc wants me to take a couple more days off.  I don't think I could make a regular swing right now.  As long as there isn't any swelling I should be fine in a few days to post some follow-up stuff.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope it heals quick.

- Shane

No rush on the follow up videos, just get better.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!