IGNORED

What's your favorite golf clothes?

supah
Note: This thread is 6409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any special brand or type of clothes and fabrics? Looks over luxury, or vice versa? The local pro speaks warmly about specialized, 'high tech' golf clothes which breaths, keeps you warm, layered ect. Anyone ever tried that kind of clothes?

Im personally into looking somewhat decent, but also I want to be comfortable. I love to play in a pique or t-shirt that's not too tight but not too loose either. The best pants imo are loose ones that got a soft and/or thin fabric, depending on the temperature. I try to match atleast 2 cloths - Like black belt that goes to the black shoes, or brown pants that goes to the brownish cap.

If it's rainy or windy I use my Galvin Green jacket which is Pac Lite and of Gore-Tex. I also got a very breathable Ashworth jacket, really open underneath the arms, that's great in windy weather. Both jackets are really light, which I love. Takes up litturally no space in my golf bag.

I'd like to say all kinds of fancy name brands and stuff, but I'll shoot it straight like I usually do.

If I was dying tomorrow and had the chance to play one last round, I'd wear mesh Nike shorts and a short sleeve white t-shirt. How is that for style? It's a little bit of a hassle keeping up with divot repair tools and ball markers, but it sure does feel nice and comfortable.

Most of the time I wear an Adidas ClimaCool golf shirt and some dockers khaki shorts. Other than the mesh shorts and t-shirt, those are the most comfortable for me.

My sense of style is pretty weak as you can tell.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tend to go with the same clothes that I hike in. In my neck of the woods, the weather can change very quickly. Hot as hell one day and cool and damp the next. Hiking stuff that is light, wicks moisture etc. seems to work best and really comes in handy when you have to go into the woods to find your ball (something I find myself doing far too often). Not sure if the private clubs would approve of my attire but the public courses don't seem to mind. I did invest in a good pair of golf shoes though.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Summertime, I wear shorts when the weather is hot. Mostly khaki shorts or black. I like white golf shirts, but do have several other colors I switch to.

I much prefer to wear slacks when the weather allows. I tend towards classy looking microfiber, silk, or linen slacks, golf shirts and sleeveless sweatervests. I have golf shoes in several colors to match with the clothes. It probably sounds like I am really fussy, but that is just not the case. I play every day, so I usually leave work to go straight to the course. It just makes sense for me to wear clothes that can double for work and golf. My biggest problem in the summer is having to remember to take shorts to work to change into for golf.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I wear a lot of mecerized Polo shirts, and some Adidas Climacool's with my clubs logo (work shirts). And usually with pants (Ralph Lauren as well) considering I have, a work rule especially on weekends. But I practice with shorts, Ralph Lauren or Adidas.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

I like cargo shorts, usually khaki, and shirts made out of the new wicking materials, thanks to Nike and Tiger for the mock turtlenecks. Without a traditional collar they always look good.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I always practice and play in a golf shirt and either docker shorts or pants. No tee shirts or jeans on the golf course. I think it is important to look good even if you aren't.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I'll wear tee shirts only when playing a few holes when testing clubs. Otherwise I generally play with clients and or professional friends so I also like to look good when I'm not.

I don't have a brand preference but I do have a material or function preference. Living in AZ it's generally hot and even our winter days can get into the 80's so I want fabric that breathes well. I personally hate to see sweat so I won't wear any clothes that shows it.

always long pants... hate playing in shorts (even though I've been told I've sexy legs )... ok, maybe if it's 120F or raining hard I'll put on shorts.
As far as shirt go - anything red, preferably short mock. I like Nike's stuff, good quality and one can find good deals here and there. Izod has the best color combo/designs IMHO and having their factory store near by there is always a chance to pick up a few mocks @ $10.00 sale

Since I work in a Pro Shop, I have gathered a whole passel of golf shirts, Nike, Alsworth, etc and I wear one of those with Bermuda shorts, white socks and golf shoes. The shoes are white with the brown saddle.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Do any of you use ancle socks when wearing shorts? I do and I love them!

With shorts, I wear the really short socks that just protrude above the edge of the shoe.. My wife teases me that she cannot tell when I am wearing them because my feet are as white as the socks.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Do any of you use ankle socks when wearing shorts? I do and I love them!

I always wear ankle socks when I play golf.

And Rafi, our blue shirts at The Newport Cup aren't going to throw you off are they? You better not let that get you down. The other team will be wearing red, not us.

i wear black trousers with a feint pinstripe. I have a large collection of Lacoste polo shirts, and always wear one of them. Jumper is either Lacoste, ping or Hippo. If its raining ive got mizuno waterproofs or a showerproof short sleeved ping top. Its great because the short sleeves dont impaire your swing. I always wear a visor, either King Cobra, ping or prada, just depends which colours im wearing.

the other day the combo was black pinstripe trousers, purple lacoste polo, black hippo jumper, black prada visor.I had to go with purple as ive recently had a purple mohican ish style haircut.

my pride and joy are my shoes, Adidas traxions here is a picture as words dont do justice on how cool they are! with welsh dragons embroidered onto the sides.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...?t=3278&page;=2

in the bag-
R7 425cc
Halo 2i
R7 irons
X tour wedge 2-ball putter balls

Think I need to get serious about my golf duds. I'm feeling a little underdressed!

The Welsh dragons are way cool. How did you get those shoes customized like that?

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

I'm a shorts guy. I will wear them until it drops below 40 degrees when I tee off. I always wear Kahki or Black at knee length. If it's warm I'll be in a Nike DriFit Polo or an Adidas ClimaCool Polo. I have both short and long sleeve ClimaCool Mocks. When it gets cool I go with the traditional wind shit in black. Just recently I picked up two short sleeve 1/4 zip wind shirts that I love. One is a waterproof one from Nike. It was on clearance at golfsmith.com for $39. Regular price was $129. I wear the new Nike SP-3 Swoosh. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. The only problem is they are not waterproof. I am going to switch back to my SP Saddles for the remainder of the season. When It finally gets cold enough for pants, I wear a pair of flat front Kahkis. I have three pair kahki, black and charcoal. Oh yeah...low socks.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Generally I like to go with Adidas golf stuff. Before I lost a bunch of weight Adidas was really the only line that would make stuff for the bigger guy, and I have just stuck with it, because the stuff is really comfortable and stylish and the same time. And when it gets cold around my home the climashell storm line is a godsend, that way, as long as no snow is on the ground I am out playing.
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

Note: This thread is 6409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!