IGNORED

Callaway FT-i

biggsy
Note: This thread is 6170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First impressions

What does everyone think?? (see attached pics)

Apparently Callaway worked with Mercedes over the aerodynamics on the back of the club??

[Ed: Did you not happen to see the big URL - one that isn't "golfwrx.com" or "thesandtrap.com" or even "golfgods.com" - on the pictures?]
In My Bag:
Driver: Srixxon XX10 10.5°
3 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel 15°
Hybrid: TaylorMade Mid No.4 22°
Irons: TaylorMade RAC OS 4-PWWedges: Cleveland 588 Rusty 51° & 58°Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2-BallBall: Callaway HX Hot

Man, that thing makes my HiBore look like a beauty queen...
Seriously, that is the ugliest golf club I've ever laid eyes on
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Their following the same technology of the Sumo Squared, Nike's version of the box Sasquatch.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

What is with the square drivers comming out from Nike and Callaway??

Those have to be 2 of the ugliest clubs I have ever seen.

I dont think I could stand over a ball with that club and not laugh at how dumb it looked.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

HAHAHAHA thats even uglier than the nike square driver.... wow whats up with the sudden urge to make dquare drivers... maybe the square drivers is the driver of the future

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

• Administrator
HAHAHAHA thats even uglier than the nike square driver.... wow whats up with the sudden urge to make dquare drivers... maybe the square drivers is the driver of the future

High MOI. I've heard it's a rocket and all it does is hit the ball straight. I'm eager to give it a try. I like my FT-3 quite a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik: I've heard the same from the two people I know who've hit it. Looks goofy until you hit a few like Iron Byron. The big advantage of the square shape is a big jump in stability, very high MOI. So you're not going to hit the ball farther with the same swing. But you're going to get better results on off-center hits ... so you could swing harder and get away with it (and squeeze out extra distance). We'll see if it works in practice.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

I'll be giving both Nike's Sumo and the Callaway FT-i a swing when they are released. These clubs could be great news for mid- to high-handicapper like me. Short grass: good.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I'm sure when Mickelson wins a couple of tournaments using it as his "blaster" driver - sales will go through the roof.

Ps - Ed - sorry about the pics - couldn't find them anywhere else and was to lazy to photoshop out the URL's.
In My Bag:
Driver: Srixxon XX10 10.5°
3 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel 15°
Hybrid: TaylorMade Mid No.4 22°
Irons: TaylorMade RAC OS 4-PWWedges: Cleveland 588 Rusty 51° & 58°Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2-BallBall: Callaway HX Hot

amazingly ugly drivers. I must say. Though if it really is that big a difference in consistancy, i could see it selling like mad.

I'd almost say they have to a get a tour pro to use one with great results for it to take off though. Its waaaaay too ugly.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

I'm one of those fellows who thinks that, while I appreciate a more traditional appearance in club design, if a less than traditional looking club can help me keep the ball in play or score better, then bring on the square Nikes and Callaways!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

just saw the pictures of the FT-i. What can I say about it other than that it looks HUGE. Like Erik, I love my FT-3, but I'm going to give it a try. The blade irons don't look to bad either

Jonathan Wall

In the Bag (Left Handed):
Driver: Callaway Fusion Tour FT-3, Aldila NVS 75X (Stiff)
3-wood: Titleist 975F 13.5°, UST Proforce 75X (Stiff)Irons (3-PW): Titleist 731PM, True Temper S300 (Stiff)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Raw Milled Steel, 52.08, 56.08, 60.06, Rifle 6.0 Shafts (Stiff)Pu...

As was stated before the square shape makes more of the face a "sweet spot" and it will be very hard to make the ball fade or draw. That is why I don't think too many pros will use it. Like VJ and others going back to the Launcher Comp from the HiBore because it was "too" straight. If it works people will buy it.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I hit the new Nike clubs yesterday. I tried the square driver and the tour model and I was not impressed. The PGA pro was though as he hit the ball straight and far. I did hit it straight but no added distance. But the best clubs that Nike has coming are their irons! The new blade style irons are AMAZING! They are also revising the one blacks.... I cant wait for those!

I'm looking forward to giving this one a try! From other pictures I've seen the grey area will be a candy orange color.

I wish they'd stick with the grey. It looks a lot better than the candy orange IMO. Having said that, I'll give it a swing.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• 2 weeks later...
amazingly ugly drivers. I must say. Though if it really is that big a difference in consistancy, i could see it selling like mad.

Folllowed Arnold Palmer and Lee Trevino at the recent Administaff Champions event in Houston. Lee was driving with the FT-i and really hit it straight, not the controlled banana ball he is famous for.

Note: This thread is 6170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!