• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livendie4golf

Grips, Grips, Grips

19 posts in this topic

What Grips do you guys prefer for Drivers, Irons / Wedges, and Putters?

I prefer the New decade grips for my irons and recently put one on my driver and it feels very different.  Not bad, just a little weird.  Anyone else have a similar situation?

I know that you guys wont all agree on one particular grip.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I like the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Golf pride tour wrap and a winn midsize putter grip.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just regripped my driver with a Decade multi-compound midsize +1 wrap.  It originally came with a TM branded  Decade and it was pretty good for the dry climate I live in, so I kept it the same. My irons are Titleist branded Golfpride Tour Velvets (round, turned logo down) and my wedges are Lamkin Crossline Tours.  Putter is a Lamkin Crossline Paddle.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the NDMCs on all of my irons and fairway woods, a GP DD2 on one of my drivers, a NDMC one another, and the stock grip +2 wraps on my VR STR8-Fit driver. On my wedges I have standard Titleist/Golf Pride Tour Velvet on my wedges, with a couple of extra wraps. HOWEVER, my PURE Grips and installation gun were delivered yesterday, so I'll be swapping out grips on something. Havent decided what I'm putting them on yet. Maybe my JPX-800 Pro's.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play the Golf Pride New Decade on all my clubs, even one of my putters has that grip.  I'm am sold on them, I don't wear a glove and like the rough texture, plus I play in a humid area of the country and they hold up on those hot, humid summer days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in love with this grip!

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I like the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord.



0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamkin Permawrap Classic cover all of my irons!! LOVE THEM!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mid size golf pride blue multi compound cords on everything. looking forward to change them up next year, not that i dont like them, i just want to see what else is out there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by newtogolf

I like the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord.



What other grips have you used for comparison?  I demo'd the BCT at a local golf store, and liked the feel, but I currently have had the GP Tour Velvet on most of my clubs for almost two seasons with good results.  For my next grip, I am looking for better moisture control and responsiveness, which, according to the GP grip selector, the BCT is the highest ranked in these categories.

The rub is that the BCT is nearly three times the price and more firm verses the Tour Velvet.  If the BCT lasts longer with better overall results, then it may be my next grip.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by NI4NI

What other grips have you used for comparison?  I demo'd the BCT at a local golf store, and liked the feel, but I currently have had the GP Tour Velvet on most of my clubs for almost two seasons with good results.  For my next grip, I am looking for better moisture control and responsiveness, which, according to the GP grip selector, the BCT is the highest ranked in these categories.

The rub is that the BCT is nearly three times the price and more firm verses the Tour Velvet.  If the BCT lasts longer with better overall results, then it may be my next grip.

I prefer the Tour Velvet too.  I don't like cord grips.  Used them briefly a long while back.  I've also used the Tour Wraps.  I think I just prefer the lighter feel I get the Velvets.  I have no interest i paying for the new high dollar grips.  I just don't see any advantage for added cost.  I change my grips at least yearly, sometimes twice in  year - just can't justify that expense.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have GP Tour Velvets on all my clubs, with the exception of my Bobby Jones fairway and hybrid that have the original Bobby Jones branded Winn V17 grips on them (lightweight).  I have a Tiger Shark Ultratac grip coming to try on my putter.  I love the feel of the Tour Velvets, and the price can't be beat.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Fourputt

I prefer the Tour Velvet too.  I don't like cord grips.  Used them briefly a long while back.  I've also used the Tour Wraps.  I think I just prefer the lighter feel I get the Velvets.  I have no interest i paying for the new high dollar grips.  I just don't see any advantage for added cost.  I change my grips at least yearly, sometimes twice in  year - just can't justify that expense.



I have lived a sheltered life when it comes to grips, but, I have no regrets as I like the Tour Velvets.  Whenever I try another grip, the TV is the standard to which all is compared.  Cords seem a bit too firm for my liking, but the BCT seemed  a bit tamer, while having better moisture control (so they say).

It will most likely come down to price, and the TV's will most likely stay.  I will probably buy one BCT just to check it out...who knows.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

I've got the NDMCs on all of my irons and fairway woods, a GP DD2 on one of my drivers, a NDMC one another, and the stock grip +2 wraps on my VR STR8-Fit driver. On my wedges I have standard Titleist/Golf Pride Tour Velvet on my wedges, with a couple of extra wraps. HOWEVER, my PURE Grips and installation gun were delivered yesterday, so I'll be swapping out grips on something. Havent decided what I'm putting them on yet. Maybe my JPX-800 Pro's.



You're gonna love the PUREs... I have the soft wraps on my clubs and love them... and the installation couldn't be any simpler.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

You're gonna love the PUREs... I have the soft wraps on my clubs and love them... and the installation couldn't be any simpler.



Believe it or not, I've had the grips and installation tool for a few weeks and havent had the chance to do my own. I did use their tool to install NDMCs for a friend, and it was really simple and quick. I was very impressed. But yeah, I cant wait to try PURE's actual grips out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried the Golf Pride Tour Velvet, the Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound, the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G, and Winn Lite firm. They are all fine grips (Tour Wrap 2G and Winn Lite) not so great when wet. My favorite, and one I have on all my clubs is the Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. They are great in all weather conditions and give me great control.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamkin Performance + 3gen mid-size on my irons and wedges.  GP Tour Wrap built up with tape on my driver.  Stock Rossa/TaylorMade on my putter, I think it's a Winn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have pretty big hands & have sore fingers on my right hand after a round.    I put a Lamkin Oversize grip on my LW & absolutely love it.     Just ordered a grip kit from Golfsmith & will be changing all of my clubs over to this grip - just feels so much more substantial to me.        Regular grips feel like a pencil by comparison ...

http://www.amazon.com/Lamkin-Crossline-Oversize-Grip-Kit/dp/B0007P89JC

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0