IGNORED

Changing the loft on a wedge

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No need to buy a new one unless you really want to. Bending it two degrees isn't a big deal. I just had my PW bent from 47* to 48* to accommodate replacing my AW with a 3-iron.

It can be done but in my experience wedges wear pretty fast.  Depending on what you like as far as spin you might want to replace it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is an older wedge and would need to be regrooved.

May not be worth all the money that would have to go into it.

I'll see how much it costs to re-grip, reshaft, bend the loft etc.

Thanks for the input.

• 3 years later...

I was looking for a 52 to match my 56 and 60 MacGregor VIP forged wedges but I could not find one. I did find a another 56 and 60, like I already had. I asked if they could find a matching 52 and the guy said they are hard to find but that he could easily take the 56 down to a 52, only because it was forged. He said we would not recommend going that far with anything but a forged club. I was so happy with the price for the club, loft change and the grip I like, I asked if he could set the 60 to 62 or 64 and he said that would not be a problem either. I ended up with a 56 set at 51.5 and the 60 adjusted to 63. They work very well, just as expected. The only problem now is I have two clubs stamped 60 and two stamped 56. Not a big deal, but I do have to check twice to make sure I am hitting what I think I am.

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!