Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
champ198

something i have been wondering on grip?

12 posts in this topic

this is jsut me being new but do you use the same grip on your putter than you do on your irons or driver?

i use the interlocking grip but to me it seems to feel more comfortable to use more of a baseball style grip on my putter.

what are your alls opinions on this?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Use whatever works for you. I got an interlocking grip with most clubs, but more of an overlap with the putter. Think I modeled it somewhat after Tiger's putting grip.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use overlap for all my shots but I switch to baseball grip for putting and some chips when I'm close to the green

Interlock through the green. Cross-handed ten finger grip with the flat stick.

Use whatever works for you. I got an interlocking grip with most clubs, but more of an overlap with the putter. Think I modeled it somewhat after Tiger's putting grip.

Same goes for me. I saw it in his book, "Tiger Woods: How I Play Golf." I used to interlock but made the switch and have been doing it since. I find my feel is better doing that.

Interlocking on irons and driver

Reverse overlap on putter

ten fingers on chip shots around the Green

10 finger on full swings, overlap on chips and putts.

All my grips have an overlapping grip, pretty much the varden grip. I place the putter more in the palm of my left hand for putting and fingers for all other shots.

Interlocking on everything. I have a really weak grip on the putter though. I have been wanting to try variations on my putting grip though.

Originally Posted by anthony

Interlocking on everything. I have a really weak grip on the putter though. I have been wanting to try variations on my putting grip though.

Exact same here. I cut down a 17" belly putter grip to put on my Cleveland Classic, sort of a homemade SuperStroke since at the time there was no mid size from them and  I had the Winn navy/red laying around.

10 finger, club running through both palms. I do have a bad habit of letting my right hand's index finger stretch downward onto the steel shaft of the putter. I've used that damn finger for years and every time I try to wrap it around the grip, I feel too "wristy".

So, right now, I would say my grip is a unique, 10 finger F'd up grip that you shouldn't attempt lol.